Chapter 28 JOB...

Cassy's POV

Meet Natalie at The Limbo Corner at 4. And, oh, you got the job!

Of course. That was not obvious before.

The Limbo Corner was a small coffee shop 20 minutes from here. Frankly, I had expected that the meeting would be set up in some huge, upscale and creepy as hell place, and I was glad it was not.

I had no idea what to wear since my first meeting would in a freaking coffee shop but this was also sort of like an interview. And for all I knew, Mr. Clark had set up us there so that I could be comfortable and Natalie would not be a coffee shop sort of person.

Finally, sighing, I settled for a cream blouse and a maroon plaid skirt.

At 3.15 I rushed out of my house because this is Chicago and you never know when you can get lost.

At 3.50 I reached the place. There were only a few people there, some in their pyjamas who made me feel very over dressed. The whole coffee and juices vibe was working very well here. The walls were baby pink and little fluffy toys were hanging from the ceiling. A little corner was dedicated to not being extremely girly, and it was covered in wooden. Everything was wood and dark there and I liked that more.

I had thought I would find Natalie sitting in the grittier side of the shop but there she was, sitting in all her glory beneath the fluffy toys. I could spot her because Mr. Clark had sent me her photo. When she noticed me looking at her, she mouthed, "Cassandra?"

I nodded and she waved me over enthusiastically.

There was no denying. Natalie was beautiful. Her Asian features were absolutely doll-like and her jet black straight hair were absolutely perfect for her face. She would have been about 40 or 50 years old but she was beautiful.

When we had settled and ordered a bit of coffee, we began our conversation.

"Are you Indian, darling?"

I shrugged. "Part-Indian. Part-American. My mother was an Indian."

Her eyes widened and her mouth formed an 'O'. She nodded. "She must have been really beautiful to grace you with all those good Indian genes. You are beautiful, sweety."

I knew I would be blushing anytime now. "Thank You. She was-she was very beautiful." I also noticed how she was speaking of my parents in past tense. She knew they were dead, then.

"So, tell me what do you think about parties, please? And, please be honest darling." She said sipping on her coffee which had arrived just a few seconds ago.

I hate parties. "I have never been a fan of those loud brash parties. But business events I can manage. I like to be more of an observer than a participant."

She nodded. "That is perfect, sweety. That is exactly how an events manager should be-"

I could not control it anymore. "But, ma'am, I don't know anything about it and I-"

"Oh, then I can guide you sweety! That'd be amazing!" Natalie clapped her hands together. Her eyes were shining. "I'll tell you all my secrets. We will host the best things ever!"

I was kinda scared of this woman now but I had to admire her enthusiasm. Perhaps it was contagious. I hoped.

I just smiled serenely and nodded.

"Perfect Perfect Perfect! Darling, you start your work on Monday. Wear clothes like these ones. And I'll pick you up and give you a tour of our office. Text me your address, darling. Goodbye!"

And just like that she left, making me wonder what did I get myself into.

Rumes' POV
I don't like the ball. It means finding a date and though I have had no problem in the past few years it was  because I never had a certain someone in mind. It's also very gushy-mushy. Okay, not really.

But it was a good way to celebrate my reunion with Emily, I supposed.

And, it's not like I will have to do anything except winding out some money. Natalie and whoever she has hired can manage.

"Your coffee, sir?" Tara, my new employee came in, wearing unnaturally short skirt and with the top 2 buttons of her shirt unbuttoned. I was annoyed. Somebody must have told her about how I am always ready to fuck people. That was... before. When I used to enjoy fooling around. Now I can't really enjoy anything. I motioned her to keep the coffee on my table, sticking my eyes to my Mac.

"Anything else, sir?" She purred. Tara was supposed to be nice. I don't understand women.

"Where is June?" I asked with total indifference. June was my actual secretary, the one who was much much older than me.

Tara looked grumped out. I controlled my snort.

"I'll send her in, sir."

"Yeah. You can go."

What even happened to life?
_______________________________________
Guys I am so sorry but my exams are coming and I swear to God I feel like Sam Winchester after Jessica's death.

That is why I can't post regularly. I am so sorry guys.

Anyway how do you like this chapter? Random Question- Are you a Dramione shipper?

Please vote, comment, share and follow!

K R Y S T L E