Chapter 29 THE BALL HALL

Cassy POV
"This is the hall where the ball is going to be. Or not. What do you say, Mr. Clark?" Natalie asked as she pushed open the huge doors to the Victoire Hall. It was big and beautiful and straight out of a fairy tale, simply unreal. I would jump at the chance to do anything here. I looked at Mr. Clark. He had insisted on seeing and selecting the halls, but couldn't walk, so decided to take a wheelchair.

"It's nice. Let's see what my son has to say." I froze. How in hell did I forget that I was working for Rumes' company? It totally slipped my mind and well, obviously nobody mentioned it. I hadn't even considered that I would probably have to meet Rumes more than I like. More than I was comfortable with, which to begin with was Nil. I gulped.

Mr. Clark wore a very amused expression. I gave him a hard stare.

We were walking around when Rumes entered, phone in hand.

He finally looked up and looked stumped for a fractional second, before putting on his business face again.

"Hi Dad. Natalie. Hi, Cassandra. What are you doing here?" He asked in a business tone, not exactly impolite.

"I have started working as your company's assistant Events manager," I said with a frown. I thought somebody- like his own dear father- would have told him. And, wasn't he the boss?

He was surprised once again but hid it. "Oh" was all he said.

Looking around, he said, "This place is pretty good for a ball. What do you think?"

I had been also been watching around but when I realized that nobody had answered him, I turned to see him looking directly at me. Burning me with his gaze.

"I like this place very much." I stuttered.

He nodded thoughtfully and turned to Natalie. "You can turn this place alright enough?"

"Of course, darling, or do you doubt my abilities?" Natalie half-snapped at him.

Rumes smiled and he looked perfectly amazing. His whole face lit up and he looked way too handsome for his own good. Natalie's jaw dropped a little. I think that she had never seen Rumes smile.

After a few minutes, Rumes left after  asking his father whether he needed a lift back, but his father declined.

As soon as Rumes was out of earshot, she turned to Mr. Clark and said in a total awestruck voice, "He didn't snap at me, didn't have a go at anything, didn't point out anything wrong with the place. Is he okay? Have you taken him to a doctor yet?"

When Mr. Clark just chuckled, she said, "He has changed."

And, Mr. Clark looked directly at me as he said, "He met some life-changing people."

I looked away. I had met them, too.

***
As I decided on the colour of curtains with Natalie, I sighed. How did I forget I will be working for Rumes. And now, it's not like I can change my job once again. Once was enough and it still made me sad as I remembered how I had gone to Jason to tell him that I will be finding a new job as it was better for both of our professional lives. He had been very sweet, saying that it was okay if I worked there. He was used to this stuff and that it was not as bad as I thought it was.

But, still. What kind of a human being would I be if I just work there like nothing ever happened?

"See this cream-satin colour. This coupled with deep purple can be the bigger curtains. What do you think, sweety?" Natalie asked me, snapping me out of my reverie. This combination did look fantastic. I told her that much.

"What kind of a vibe are we going for Natalie?"

"Oh, the same old. Victorian era sort of decor. But I don't want it to be too fringy. So instead of just pastels, I thought we should be using some deep and dark colours here and there. The lightning would be grand, obviously, so it wouldn't look too dull."

Natalie was so dedicated to her work, it was insane. And very inspiring.

"Wednesday, you have to go to Rumes to ask for the list of VIP guests. You know, people apart from the employees. Relatives or business partners. He seems to like you a little, so he won't shout at you."

I almost cried out with laughter. If he knew who I was, the amount of shouting.... I shuddered.

"Yeah. Okay." I said. This was all in my job description.

Wednesday would come too soon.

_______________________________________
Hey guys! I know this chapter is a bit short but well, I don't know. See, I have been updating sort of regularly nowadays.

What do you all think of this story?

I just wanted to share something- there is this story on wattpad (I am not going to name it) and it's author is like blatantly rude. I mean, she treats her readers like crap, as if she is doing them a big favour by writing down her story.

I understand what she said about going through depression but people need to understand that it does not give you the ticket to treat people poorly.

It also just made me more thankful for your reads. So thanks so much for supporting me you guys.

Please vote, comment, share and follow!

K R Y S T L E