Chapter 13 ACCIDENTS

Rumes' POV

She came into my room wearing a small red dress that showed more cleavage than necessary and enough makeup to make her look like those stricken vampires on televisions. Or maybe I just didn't like that she was here and was looking for excuses.

For the first time, I was hating this. I used to dislike this but it was the only thing that drove me out of my heartbreak. Sex became my drug.

She smiled seductively at me and slowly made her way to me. I didn't know why but this time, it felt so wrong. So so wrong. But I let her come to me.

Her breasts touched my chest and she slowly felt around my crotch. I felt disgusted despite having been through the same procedure so many times.

"What happened? You are not responding?" She asked.

I closed my eyes and that one image of the girl flashed against my eyes. Drenched in rainwater. Standing just few metres away and yet so distant. Her black short hair were wet and till her shoulders. I had not seen her before. That day was supposed to be the first time. And yet she dumped me.

Firmly, I took Serena's hands away from me and told her in a hard, cold voice, "Go."

"What!?"

"Get out Serena. Do I need to repeat myself?" When she tried touching me one more time, I said, "Don't touch me, is that understood?"

She gave me a look of disbelief and hot on her heels, ran away from my room, muttering something about how did I refuse something so irresistible.

Bothered, I looked out my window.

How come suddenly she was dwelling in my mind again? It was like I had seen her again. I just knew Cassy reminded me of her, somehow. Maybe they were friends, relatives, sisters? Ray, my hired employee, told me if anyone fitting her description came. I didn't know what I was hoping for.

Ray needed a bonus, he told me some extra information of his own accord.

But Cassy and-and...Andrea. How were they related? Were they at all or was I grasping at straws?

Did I want Cassy simply because I needed closure? Because if I couldn't get her, I wanted a replacement?

No. Not possibly. She happened years ago. I was just attracted to her. That is what this was.

And even though their appearances were the same, she couldn't be possibly be her, could she?

Suddenly, my phone rang.

After the conversation, I was stunned beyond words. I rushed to my destination.

Cassy's POV

Just as Jason was about to take off my T-shirt, my phone rang. Why is someone calling at this hour? It's midnight!!

Taking my phone out, and reading Emily's name, I decided to attend the call. I told Jason to wait for a minute. Not that I wanted to put a halt at this, but Emily must be calling for something really important.

"Hello." I answered slightly out of breath.

I could hear sobbing from the other side. "Emily?"

"Ca-Cass can y-you ple-please... come t-to the ci-city hospital. I n-need y-your help."

"Em? Em, what happened? Why are you crying?"

She took one deep breath in an effort to calm herself down and said, "My family has had an accident."

***

Fifteen minutes later, I was standing in front of the city hospital. Jason had dropped me after I had explained the situation to him. He looked disappointed though, but knew what the priority was.

He was hesitant to come in, perhaps, he didn't want his other employee to know about us? It wasn't against the rules but it was frowned upon. When I asked him one more time, he just shook his head in a glaze. "Just tell her it will be alright, okay? Tell her to ask me for help."

"Of course."

I ran in and was about to approach the receptionist when I heard a broken, cracked voice calling out my name. "Cassy."

Turning around, I registered Emily's appearance. In the most dishevelled manner, her hair was sticking out and the makeup was smudged horribly. She looked... miserable.

There was so much pain in her eyes that it was difficult to look into them.

"Em." Hugging her, I whispered calm soothing words into her ear, hoping it had at least some effect on her.

We sat on the seats while she kept her head on my shoulder.

"What happened Em?"

She looked numb, lifeless. Staring into the distance she said, "My parents were in a car, along with my uncle. I don't what happened but they got hit by a truck. My uncle and dad are in coma."

Numb. That's what I was.

I bring despair everywhere I go.

I became friends with Em and this happened, my aunt raised me and she is suffering from a heart disease, my parents died.

No. No. I couldn't let those dark thoughts control me again. I wasn't cursed.

Tears started slipping from her eyes, and I didn't even know how she was feeling anything.

"Cass, when my uncle's son, my cousin comes, will you please tell him of the details? I can't face him. He will look at me with hate. I don't think I'll be able to handle that, too. It'd be like everything from the past all over again. I can't see him. Will you, please?"

"Yes, of course." At that moment I made a decision, I would help her family however I could. It didn't seem like sha had anybody and everyone needs help. I needed it, once. And it was hell to be alone.

"Just tell me his name Emily." I said softly.
Her next words shocked me to the core.

"Rumes Clark."
____________________________________
K R Y S T L E