Chapter 3: Cassandra

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, are you sure? I mean, I could—"

"Fast. Put me down. Time to end this," I said-ordered.

"Fine. If you say so," She accepted defeat.

My small size came in handy in the fight as I fought through their attacks with ease.

"Vines," I chanted as multiple vines appeared in my hand as it went towards one of the Vulcans legs. I pulled it, causing the Vulcan to lose balance and fall. He seemed to be getting a concussion as he hit his head pretty bad. The other Vulcan charged at me.

I closed my eyes. I can do it. I need to prove it. I can fight on my own. If I can't fight a mere Vulcan, I can forget about finding and saving Cassandra. That's a long shot. Baby steps. Yeah, for me, baby steps include defeating two huge Vulcans. If Natsu can do it without even a hint of fear, I could do it, too.

"Trust yourself, and it will all be better. The power is within you. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, AND ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE"

Cassie used to repeat these words to me at night. She would never abandon me. Wherever she was, I was never going to find without "believe me in myself". It's time I try that, too. Every good story starts with a new beginning, right? Maybe this was mine. Fairy Tail was my new beginning.

I opened my eyes, smirking.

"Blood: Dragon Roar!" I shouted as an enormous wave of blood appeared from my mouth, striking the Vulcan, throwing him off to the wall. The wall slightly breaks by the impact as he drives into unconsciousness.

"Wow, that was awesome, Y/n," Joy applauds.

"Thanks," I beamed.

The others seemed to have finished their fights as well. Natsu had this evil glint in his eyes as he smirked. I suddenly started regretting everything.

"Natsu, wipe that creepy smirk off your face. You're scaring her," Gray shouted.

"What did you say? Creepy? You're the one in your boxers. Idiot!" Natsu shouted as the two started bickering. I decided to ignore them as Erza went to deal with the duo. Happy was talking with Joy.

I started talking to Lisanna as she complimented about my magic as asked me about Cassie.

"Well, her name is Cassandra, short for Cassie. Well, unlike Natsu, she's my birth mother,"

"A dragon gave birth to a human? Is that even like, possible?" Erza asked.

"It isn't. Cassie wasn't a total dragon. She was conceived as a human,"

"So, she's a dragon slayer, too?" Natsu asked, astonished.

"Kinda," I nodded.

I went to explain more about her. Cassandra was something else like I said before. She was neither a full human nor a dragon, but she was more of a demoness. She had long black hair and icy red eyes with long fangs. She even had long red horns. She had powers like no other. Her dad was a demon who fell in love with a human. It is almost impossible for such two different species who have a child, but they did, which is why Cassie considers herself very lucky. She was a miracle from birth, but she had extraordinary powers. But there is always a side-effect of such "miracles". It always costs a life, mostly it's the child's, but it was different in her case.

Her mom died giving birth to her, which is why her dad abandoned her, holding her responsible for her death. She was a human with the powers of a demon who was alone in the whole world when she met a dragon. She learned her dragon-slaying powers from a certain dragon. She never specified about him, but the dragon who taught her dragon-slaying is also my dad. I don't know much about my dad, but Cassie just told me that he left us saying it was a mistake which is why she hates him.