Chapter 12: The Lost Fairies Return

7 years later~

3rd Person's POV

Most of the members had already lost the hope that the remaining members would return as Blue Pegasus reported mysterious incident in Eternano Waters and that the Tenrou Island still existed. Based on the information, the guild forms a search party consisting of Jet, Droy, Bisca, Alzack, Warren and Max and set out to find the missing waters.

However, upon arrival, the guild does not see any sign of Tenrou Island still existing. While Jet and Droy remained positive that they'll get to see Levy again, most of the members feel that they shouldn't get their hopes up. At that moment, the despondent group notices a girl standing on the surface of the ocean.

As the girl lifted her hands, the waters began to rage behind her, and Tenrou Island emerges from the ocean, encased in a bubble-like barrier with the Fairy Tail insignia on it. She then begins heading towards the resurfaced island with the search party chasing behind, believing that she will lead them to where everyone is. Shortly upon arriving on the island, the party finds an unconscious Natsu Dragneel buried beneath some dirt and debris.

Back at the Fairy Tail guild, Macao asks Romeo if it was a good idea for him not to join the search party. Romeo replies that even if Tenrou Island was found, there is no knowing if everyone survived as seven years have gone by without any word from them. Just then, Thibault and his group of Twilight Ogre members barge in again, jeering the guild and belittling it. When Wakaba tells them that their payment is only due next month, Thibault retorted that they were acting on the orders of their Master, who feels that it is a problem if payments are not made on schedule. Having heard Thibault's remarks, as well as feeling upset at his guild's cowardice, Romeo prepares to fight back, demonstrating his new ability to conjure fire. However, his attempt proves to be futile as Thibault easily extinguishes his fire by simply blowing it out. Annoyed by Romeo's resistance, Thibault raises his kanabō and prepares to strike.

Just as Thibault's attack is about to land, he is sent flying by a kick from a silhouette. As everyone looks in surprise, the remaining members of Twilight Ogre having already been knocked out. With a familiar smile, it is revealed that all the missing S-Class Mage Promotion Trial candidates have returned to the guild. While Makarov comments on how small the guild has gotten, Nab and Laki note that everyone still looks young and has not aged a single day since their disappearance. Without a doubt, everyone was overjoyed with tears that the guild is finally reunited.

Y/n's POV

I felt awkward. Everyone was exchanging hugs. I wondered if it was the correct time to slip away. But where would I even go? I needed to rent a place to stay the night and maybe I could go to an S-class mission tomorrow. While I was deep in my thoughts, a boy with black-hair looked at me and asked, "Who are you?" My eyes widened. Everyone was looking at me. I felt uneasy. I didn't know how to respond.

"Y/n? Is that you?" Macao asked with wide eyes.

"Umm...I—" He pulled me in a hug.

"Y/n!" Bisca shouted.

"Wait, Y/n is here, too!" Levy hugged me after Macao pulled away.

"I'm glad you're back," Cana said.

"You must be Romeo. I'm Y/n L/n. I used to take care of you when you were small. You've grown so much," I said in more of a monotone. He smiled.

"Oh, I know you. You are the strongest female wizard of FairyTail, even stronger than Erza," he said with stars in his eyes. I chuckled.

"Y/n?" a small girl said, walking toward me.

"Asuka, be careful," Bisca complained.

"I'm Asuka," she said, holding her hand out. I tilted my head. I turned to Natsu as if asking who she was. He was as puzzled as I was.