Chapter 9: Grimoire Heart

Y/n's POV

God, I felt awful. At this time in my life, my mind was blank. I had no idea what to do. But I had no desire to go back to how it used to be. I had no idea how that would go. I would apologize, and they would hug me and say it's all okay. Not that it mattered, no such thing was gonna happen.

I took a deep breath. I had no time for this. After the trials, I would go on a mission and disappear like I have been doing. Tears fell from my eyes. I didn't know why I was crying. I just felt as if I could not take it anymore.

Flashback~

X780

"We're back!" I announced as I slammed the door open with pride. Natsu, who was staring at the door, restlessly, jumped out of his seat with Happy, his exceed, as he squealed in joy. Happy was born a few months after I joined. I giggled. Erza smiled. Gray smirked. Natsu rushed to hug me, "I thought you were supposed to be back yesterday," he complained.

"Yeah, but we wanted to take one day rest, and I wanted to make a dramatic entrance when people didn't expect me," I beamed. He rolled his eyes.

"Y/n!" Lisanna yelped as Mirajana rolled her eyes.

I hugged her, "I missed you," I said. "Me too," I said. Then I walked towards Erza who shook her head in disagreement as I hugged her.

"C'mon, don't be so rude. I came in all the way till her, just to cheer for you in the S-class trials," I explained.

"Lucky for you, you got in your first year in the guild and your first-ever try," Natsu complained. I simpered.

"What can I say? I'm strong," I giggled.

"Yeah, and she's got stronger," Joy added.

"How can she get stronger? If she keeps on, she can finish the world with one attack," Gray complained. I laughed.

"C'mon, Y/n, let's fight," Natsu said, standing on his chair. I smirked as I kicked him super hard, making him fly to the wall, breaking it on his way. It was enough to knock him out.

Gray laughed as Lisanna and Happy looked at me with wide eyes. Happy had stars all over his eyes while Lis kept asking me for my secret. I trained hard, that was my secret. Mirajane walked by as she muttered 'show-off' which I ignored and sat on the bench as we laughed and talked and shortly, Natsu was up. He was running his hand through his spiky pink or "salmon" hair, sheepishly as he accepted defeat much to my pleasure.

Flashback ended~

Ever since that day, everything seems like a blur. I had no idea what to do. Nothing made sense anymore. I could not find a way to cope with the death of a loved one. My only objective in my life was to find her and now she was just... I could not finish the sentence. I didn't want to. I cried for a while and soon blacked out. It was only when I heard an explosion, I shot awake.

"What's happening?"

Unknown to me, everyone had started their own battle with an enemy while I wandered the area.

"I hope you won't disappoint me," a man said, appearing from the dark.

"Who are you? I thought non-members were not only allowed to be on the island," I said.

"It seems you missed quite a bit. I am Azuma, a member of Grimoire Heart. It seems Lord Zeref is here so we are after him to take him," he said.

"But, you see, for now, our goal also includes exterminating your guild," he smirked. He then activated his Lost Magic and uprooted the Great Tenrou Tree which had bestowed upon all Fairy Tail members magical strength and protection from the death which results in weakening all of Fairy Tail's Magic Power, except for me. I didn't know that until he told me.