Chapter 10: Hades

Y/n's POV

My eyes opened. I woke up in a jolt. I blacked out after my injuries. My legs were still swollen. They were actually now worse but I had been through way worse so these injuries felt normal. I was not bleeding before because of my blood clot spell. It seemed to work perfectly. But I could not keep the spell for any long.

I hurried to find the others.

Natsu's POV

The Exceeds decided to scan the ship itself while the rest of us proceeded to battle Hades. We hit him with everything they had, even creating a Unison Raid. At some point, we appeared victorious, but Hades soon recovered, barely affected by all our attacks. He cast a spell which affects Wendy, who suddenly disappeared, leaving only her clothing behind, much to our horror.

She turned out to be fine after Horologium saved her. Hades revealed to us that he was the Second Master of Fairy Tail, though I did not believe him. He was easily able to immobilize us with his Amaterasu, Chain Magic and Bullet Magic. Just as he was about to finish me off, thunder crashed through the airship as Laxus appeared.

"Just as I was about to attack, you always upstage me even when you have no idea of my presence, Laxus," a voice said behind us. I turned to see Y/n with her arms crossed. I immediately noticed her injuries.

Laxus looked at her with a sad expression but soon smirked.

"I can't help it," he said. Y/n smirked as well.

"Oh, Miss Y/n L/n, you're welcome, too. I heard you might be here too. I personally wanted to recruit you in Grimoire Heart but you had already joined the Fairies. But that does not matter, I get t experience Lord Zeref's creation with my own eyes," he smiled.

Y/n's POV

"Creation?" I looked at the man stomping on Natsu. I couldn't understand what was wrong with him. Was he mentally ill or something?

He looked at me up and down. He smiled, "I see Azuma has done quite a number on you. Seeing your origin, defeating Azuma should not be a big deal. It seems your demon powers have not fully awakened yet," I realized he wasn't just bluffing. He actually knew me. My eyes widened at that.

"I guess that would make all of this easier. It's a waste I couldn't see your actual powers. But I wouldn't have to work too much to defeat you," he said as he turned towards me, readying his spell.

Laxus faced him, head-butting him. Natsu described the man as Master's enemy, which only angered Laxus.

Laxus and Hades soon fight, with Laxus starting strong. I could only watch them due to my injuries. But the blue-haired girl, Wendy, offered to heal me. I thanked her. She was so sweet.

All of us were astonished by Laxus' strength as he continuously delivered spells and dodged Hades' attacks. However, Hades' last attack had weakened him. He attempted to strike Laxus down with an energy beam, and just as it connects, Laxus managed to transfer his powers of lightning to Natsu, though it drained him greatly. The others were astonished that the lightning and fire had fused in Natsu's body. Laxus asked Natsu to pay Hades back for the pain he caused.

I was completely healed. Natsu, completely revived and brimming with lighting power, charged after Hades with multiple attacks, overpowering Hades, with Lightning Fire Dragon's Roar as a finisher. For a moment, I believed he had been defeated. But Hades got back on his feet and activated the Demon's Eye.

Meanwhile, the Exceeds were still trying to find the power source of the ship and had entered the air vents. They came across a grate and looked through, shocked at what was below.

They dropped down into the room and tried to make out the mysterious power source that they had found. Before they could examine further, a few of the Grimoire Heart members rushed inside. Panther Lily battled them in his Battle Form while Joy, Happy and Carla stopped the source.

I, on the other hand, wondered the reason for his endless strength with no idea of it.

With the Demon's Eye activated, his appearance changed dramatically. Hades cited it as the Abyss of Magic. He recited a spell from the book of Zeref which summoned Demons from the rocks around us. Everyone in the group, including Erza, were shaking in fear at such monstrosities. Just when it seemed as though they'll give up, Natsu suddenly remembered what Gildarts had told him about how fear allows one to learn their own weakness, repeating it aloud. He got to his feet, telling his team that now that they know their weakness, they can grow stronger. I smiled at it. I was wrong, he had changed.

"Blood Chains," I chanted as chains appeared from my palms binding all the demons. The others teamwork to fling Natsu to Hades at high speed. Natsu lands his final spell, ending it all. Hades could not revive as the source of his magic was destroyed by Joy and the other exceeds.

The lesser Mages of Grimoire Heart came storming in while chasing Happy and Carla, though they ran away at the sight of us, including Master, who just arrived.

3rd person's POV

The fairies head back to camp except for Makarov who approaches Hades. When Hades reasons that it was all to create the Ultimate World of Magic and to acquire the "The One Magic", Makarov leaves Hades, reminding his former master of all of the things he learned about Magic being alive from Hades himself.

The Fairy Tail Mages start relaxing at camp as Juvia returns from failing to chase Zeref. Meanwhile, the Grimoire Heart ship takes off with only Rustyrose, Kain, and Hades. Zeref suddenly enters the ship, blaming Grimoire Heart for the use of Acnologia. He then predicts the end of the current era.

Hades quickly orders the two to bring him the keys for Zeref's awakening. However, Zeref states that there is no need since he is already awakened and was never asleep. He then continues his explanation, saying that he had seen countless people die in war 400 years ago, and realized how valuable lives really are. That also started the curse of his body, taking lives against his will. To stop such effects, he has to forget the importance of lives. Zeref continues by stating that they are the ones who caused him to summon Acnologia, and he will punish them. Before Hades can ask him anything else, Zeref announces the two crimes they committed and then prepares a spell that causes Hades' demise.

Due to the recent events, Makarov announces that he is going to suspend the S-Class trial, much to most of the candidates' dismay. Elsewhere, Lucy drags away Natsu and Happy so Cana may be able to talk to Gildarts in private. With the three gone, Gildarts asks Cana what is wrong, having seen her sad face. She explains that she came to Fairy Tail to find her father, whom she confesses to being Gildarts himself, surprising him as he instantly asks whose child she is, listing out all the women he has been with. Having said what she wanted to say, Cana turns to leave, saying that she is not expecting Gildarts to be part of her family and that they can return to the way they were. However, Gildarts approaches her and hugs her, realizing that her mother is Cornelia, the only woman that he really loved and the only one he married. He explains that he left eighteen years ago but never knew that he had a kid. Gildarts continues to hug her, asking for the right to love her.

I hope you liked the chapter. Please, VOTE. Thank you!