Chapter 20: GMG

Y/n's POV

The games started. To be honest, I was pretty excited to kick some butt. The first event was 'Hidden'. Seeing Gray participate, Juvia pretty much begged to accompany him. Lyon also participated.

I took it as an opportunity to see how these games worked and also the powers of the contestants. I felt someone watching me. Just in front of our stadium where we FairyTail wizards were, there was Sabertooth. The blonde guy we met yesterday was staring at me with an amused expression. After seeing me notice him, he smirked and winked. I rolled my eyes. What was his problem? I ignored him and continued watching the games.

After the event~

We didn't get many points but I was glad our members tried. I realized how much of a show-off the Sabertooth members are and what's the problem with Raven Tail, they were not focusing on the game but busy attacking us. The battles were about to start and the announcer announced that the first battle was between Lucy and Flare from Raven Tail. Guess it was gonna be interesting.

After the battle~

Everyone booed Lucy for her. I actually felt bad for her but when Natsu went to take her, I didn't feel so bad. That was not good of me but I shrugged it off. The poor girl was crying.

There was a battle between a guy from Blue Pegasus and Mermaid Heel, followed by a battle between Sabertooth and Quatro Cerebus. The final battle was between Jellal and Jura.

Jellal was strong but Orga was a wizard saint. I was kinda worried about him. But I'm sure he had a plan. To my surprise, he started by using magic similar to Mystogan, sticking to his disguise. But as the battle proceeded, Jellal was struggling and afraid to lose so he started using his own magic. The fight got serious and I was terrified of the outcome. Jellal proceeded to use a very strong attack again Jura but he suddenly fell unconscious. I rushed to the infirmary where he was placed to check on him. I met Meredy and Ultear, members of Crime Sorcière, who told me that they knocked him out to prevent him from revealing his identity to which I nodded.

We suffered a terrible loss but Master encouraged us that we would do better the next time, giving all of us hope. We partied all night and went back home. I slept right afterwards.

The next day~

I wanted to fight today but I had a feeling I wouldn't get to. So, I dressed in jeans and a graphic t-shirt with sneakers. I put on some lip gloss and wore a winged eyeliner and I was off.

The first event was Chariot where Natsu and Laxus took part in followed by the blondie, whose name turned out to be Sting. The teams had a race from Crocus to Domus Flau atop moving wagons which meant all the three dragon slayers suffered from motion sickness. I facepalmed at the sight of their vomiting. I felt bad but there was nothing I could do other than watch. Luckily, Natsu was there to motivate Laxus as they finally reached their destination. I applauded. Natsu was an idiot at times but other than that, he was perfect.

Finally, the battles begin with the first match being with Lamia Scale and Raven Tail. The guy from Raven Tail seemed pretty suspicious. Yesterday's girl was not different either. Despite being a dark guild, they were still allowed to participate and now they were sabotaging us. The second match was between Bacchus and Elfman. It was a pretty tough match but luckily, in the end, Elfman won but he was covered in bruises so I healed him in the infirmary with Porlyusica.

The next battle was between Mira and Jenny from Blue Pegasus but let's say it took a turn. They started doing swimsuit contests with the commentators as judges on the condition that whoever loses would have to do a nude photoshoot with Sorcerer's Weekly. Thank god, I wasn't there, being the new star of the Sorcerer's Weekly.