Chapter 1: Fairy Tail-The Number 1 Guild of Fiore

X778

Y/n's POV

I looked around at the unfamiliar guild. I felt a bit shy and nervous, looking at all the new people, staring at me like an interesting commodity. They were studying my every move. I couldn't help but feel uneasy until this pink-haired guy bumped into me.

"Watch it!" I shouted, annoyed.

He looked at me, studying me as well and then, he grinned, "You're new. Welcome to FairyTail."

I was surprised that he was so nice to me, but I smiled, "Thanks."

"I am Natsu, Natsu Dragneel." He said.

"Oh, he's cute. My name is Y/n, Y/n L/n."

"You here to join the guild?"

"Kinda. Me and my buddy, we met Erza on the way, and she offered to help us join her guild."

"Oh, so you already met Erza? And may I ask, who your buddy is?"

"Oh, it's my exceed. Her name is Joy. She is the red exceed sitting in Erza's shoulder, over there."

"An exceed? Wow, that is so cool. I wish I had one."

"Well, for that you have to be a dragon slayer."

"I am. I am a dragon slayer."

"Sure, you are." I laughed.

"I am. I am Fire Dragon Slayer."

I looked at his face, studying his expression.

"You are serious." I realized.

"Oh, wow. I thought I was the only one. I mean, I never met another. So, I assumed that... this is so great," I said, almost jumping with excitement.

"That means you are a dragon slayer, too. Another one. Just like me. Wow, that is awesome. I am not alone anymore. Yay!"

"Gramps, we have another dragon slayer. Like me." He shouted to a short man sitting on the bar counter. He was old and had wrinkles all over his face, but he was drinking the beer in the mug like a teenager.

"Come, I'll take you to the Master." He said gleefully. I nodded and followed him. I could see their Master, or my to-be master was already drunk. But he seemed to be in control somehow.

"So, you're Erza's friend?" Natsu asked.

"Yeah. I met her during her mission. You know her?"

"Of course, we're in the same guild. She's scary." He said nervously. I laughed.

"How old are you?" Gramps asked.

"11."

"Hah. I'm 12." Natsu said. I ignored him.

"And what magic do you use?" The question seemed to pique everyone's interest around.

"Blood. I use Blood Dragon Slaying Magic. I also can use water and earth magic. I learned it on my own, though."

"Okay, that is good. So, what's your name?"

"Y/n L/n. Her name is Y/n L/n." Natsu said, excited.

"Yup, that's my name."

"So, this is your exceed? Joy?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Okay, then. To get your stamp, go to Mirajane."

"Okay."

I went to the scary-looking white-haired girl behind the bar.

"Umm... can I get my stamp, please?" I asked. She smiled, "That's sweet. I rarely hear the term 'please' in this place," She said, gesturing at Erza.

"What colour do you want and where?"

I moved my hair from my right hair. "Umm... on my wrist (or any place of your choice) in red."

She stamped it and smiled, "Welcome to FairyTail, newbie."

I smiled. I turned to face Joy, who was also sitting in the bar counter. She had her stamp on her back. A white stamp. She was so glad to be a part of the guild that it made me feel blessed, too. I looked at Joy. She was so small and furry in red colour. I wanted to name her 'Ruby' because she was so red, but I chose to call her 'Joy' because she was so happy all the time. It was a mystery to me how she managed to smile all the time. She always manages to cheer me up.

"That looks pretty," I commented.

"Your stamp looks so elegant. It's a mystery to me how you manage to do that."

"Stop it." I laughed.

Natsu cleared his throat to get our attention.

"Oh, sorry. Do you want something?" I said in my newfound confidence after talking to Joy.

"Uh... I just wanted to introduce you to everyone," I nodded with a gracious smile.

He took me to a table where a dark-haired guy and Erza were sitting with a blue exceed.

"Well, you know Erza. That naked guy is Gray. You can call him Ice Princess or Droopy Eyes."

"And you can call him FlameBrain, FlamFreak, Squinty Eyes. There are lots of nicknames I have for him." Gray said. And they ended up in a quarrel. Ten minutes later, the whole guild was in a brawl for some insane reason. Erza and Mirajane were at each other's throats. So were Gray and Natsu. Everyone was throwing chairs and tables at each other. Master was, simply enjoying his drink, grinning.

"Wow, you smell like rose petals." I heard someone say. I turned back to see a girl with short white hair. She was about my age. She was grinning from ear to ear.

I smiled, "Thanks. I'm Y/n."

"I know. I heard. I am Lisanna, Mira's sister."

"Oh, nice to meet you. You seem..." I paused.

"Nicer? Yeah, my sister is a bit moody." She finished my sentence.

I turned to look at her sister, trying to choke Erza as Erza continues to smack her in her head.

"Shouldn't anyone stop them?" I asked as I watched a chair flying towards Gramps and hitting him right in my head, causing a huge bump to appear.

"I guess someone will now." She smiled. I wondered why she was in such a jolly mood.

I watched as Master's expression changed from a happy grin to a glowered look. His eyes turned dark as he threw daggers at Natsu, who was responsible for the huge bump on his head.

"Poor Natsu!' Lisanna exclaimed.

The whole guild turned quiet as everyone froze. We all watched our Master, turn into a giant. He moved towards Natsu, who was cowering in fear, apologizing continuously. Master caught him in his hand and scolded him. Natsu nodded, and I agreed to Master's terms to never throw things at him again.

After that, Master went back to his normal, short form and walked up to me.

"Sorry about that. Your first day must have been ruined due to that idiot. Lemme make up for it. Let's have a celebration for our new member, Y/n L/n," He declared.

Everyone cheered, raising their mugs. By the end of the day, I had already met everyone and became certain of their names. I had grown to adore Cana. She talked to me like an older sister. Lisanna was like my best friend. Levy was the intellectual one. She was sweet. Natsu stayed with me all night, telling me about all his adventures in FairyTail. He had only recently joined the guild. He had been in several missions after that. He said he would take me in my first mission tomorrow. I couldn't wait to go with him.  

I think I did a pretty good job in this chapter. Hope you like it, too.

Please VOTE and comment. Follow me.