Chapter 35: The Remaining Truth

Y/n's POV

"When I fought with Rogue's future counterpart, he told me the identity of my father. I thought he was lying and wanted to confuse me. But, uhh, you see, when Cassie died, she used her all remaining power to create a blood bond with me. It helped her magic infuse with mine, and she could even talk to me, but she had a limited time. She gave me her power so I could maintain my demon form and now fully use it,"

"She also told me the real identity of my dad. He is not a dragon but a dragon slayer. And it turns out we've all met him,"

I was nervous. How were they going to react? But I needed to tell them because he was already here. My dad was here.

"Who is it? Sting? Rogue?" Natsu asked. I facepalmed.

"Acnologia?" Gray asked.

"Yeah," I said in a small voice. Acnologia roared. All of us turned to see him flying in the sky.

"My mom, she also told me about where the dragons are," I said.

Natsu's eyes widened.

"Where?" he asked.

"Right with you Natsu. Igneel's been with you all along," I smiled.

He looked confused. His heart started pounding loudly. So did Gajeel's and all the dragon slayers.

I continued, "They wanted to protect you. They have been waiting all this time to come out so they can fulfil their duty,"

"What duty?" Lucy asked.

"To kill the King of Dragons; Acnologia," I replied.

Just as I finished, Igneel emerged from Natsu's body.

"I'll go take care of Mard Geer," I said and left. Mard Geer was still a threat that had to be terminated at all costs.

"Looking for me?" a voice said behind me. I turned to face Mard Geer.

In an instant, I was wrapped by his Thorn Curse that was tightening each second.

He smirked, "You're strong, Y/n, which is why I wanted you to work with us. You are a demon created by Lord Zeref,"

"No, that's not true,"

I screamed as the thorns pierced my skin. I heard Acnologia roar. The area was filled with fire as Natsu appeared.

The grip around me began to loosen up as I used the opportunity to cut the thorns off. I summoned a sword and started going on full-offence mode. I began to slash him while Natsu started punching him. But he managed to dodge all of our attacks.

He captured Natsu with his thorns, preventing him from moving.

"Natsu!" I shouted. I turned back to Mard Geer, glaring at him.

Mard Geer captured me with his thorns before I could retaliate. I move around, trying to escape, but to no avail. I gritted my teeth as I looked at him.

"You're going to die here anyway so why not die knowing the truth," he smirked. I stopped moving and looked at him curiously.

"What do you mean?" I asked in a small voice.

"Your grandfather was one of us before your mother killed him. Though, I was planning to kill him myself as a sacrifice for having contact with a human," he scrunched his nose in disgust.

I didn't like where this was going.

"Since we lost your grandfather, we had to replace him. Your mother had defeated him, so she was the best replacement. I asked her to join us, but she rejected,"