Chapter 15: Idiot!

Later that day~

Y/n's POV

It was getting late. I had to go home. I was getting tired.

"Joy! Let's go," I said quietly.

As I was heading out, someone caught my hand. I turned back to see Natsu. I was still mad at him. He was probably here because of what happened earlier.

Flashback

"Y/n, why are you here? Don't you want to hang out with your boyfriend?" Mira smirked.

I turned to see Natsu. He was sitting with Lucy. They seemed too busy in their conversation. Somehow, I was annoyed, both by the fact that people were thinking we were dating, and it didn't even bother him. And the way he said there was no way he could have feelings for me. I mean, that stung.

"Nope, we're not dating. Natsu likes someone else," I blurted out, much to everyone's surprise including Natsu's. It came out a bit too loud.

"Y/n, how could you say that? I was shipping for you, too," Mira cried.

"It's only the truth," I stated.

Flashback ended~

"What do you want?" I said coldly.

"I just wanted to walk you home," he said.

"No need, I have Joy—"

"I think I'm gonna stay for a while," Joy said, changing her mind in a second.

I cursed her under my breath.

"Let's go," he said, pulling my hand.

"I'm not a child. I can handle myself," I said.

"I know," he said. That shut me up. It sounded so genuine. I couldn't say anything. I silently followed him. There was a long silence.

I finally broke it, "Natsu..." I called. My voice was now small.

"Yeah?" he said, not looking at me.

"I, umm... haven't thanked you for yesterday. Thanks for coming to look for me. I had been keeping it bottled up for so long. I didn't want to burden anyone at first, but later it just turned into something else. It was just too much for me to take, and I ended up shutting everybody out. I completely changed, but today, I felt normal, like how it was before. I sincerely thought things would never go back to the way it was but...it felt as though it did. I can't believe I forgot how it was like to be in FairyTail, how great it was. I promise I'll tell them everything soon. I don't know how I can ever thank you. You helped me—" I broke off in tears.

"It's okay," he said, pulling me in a hug.

"It's just that I feel so guilty for what I put all of you through. I completely disappeared, and you all accepted me like nothing ever happened. I can't believe how lucky I am to be a part of this guild. I can't ever do anything to make it up to you. I—"

"You can. Just never leave and promise you'll stay," Natsu said with seriousness.

"I-I promise," I said in a hitch.

Natsu grinned, "Problem solved."

I wiped my tears. I looked at his grin as a small smile appeared on my lips. He was taller than me so I tried to stand up to his height and ruffled his hair, "You haven't changed a bit... idiot,"

I surely caught him by surprise as his eyes widened. His eyes felt with tears, "Idiot. It's been a long time I heard that from you. I missed it," He said. Hugging me tightly.

"C-Can't breathe," I said. He pulled back and kissed my forehead, making my face redden.

"Let's hurry," He said, pulling my hand and running.

"What's with the hurry?" I said, panting.

"Just felt like it," he smiled.

"Energetic as ever, I see," I said, sarcastically. He chuckled.

"Do you even know where I live?" I asked.

"Nope," he said.

"Go right," I sighed.

As I gave him the directions, he followed and soon, we were in front of my house.

I summoned the key in my hand and opened the door. He headed in.

"Whoa, whoa, what are you doing, pinkie?"

"It's salmon," he shouted.

"Sure, it is," I said, rolling my eyes.

"And why are you inside my house?" I shouted.

"Coming in, duh," he said like it was obvious.

"Don't 'duh' me. This is my house. I never let you win. I know how you used to break into my house before. I am not letting that happen. Out, you go," I said, pushing him out. Right in time, his stomach growled.

He looked at me with puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll make you dinner, and then you're off. Deal?" I asked.

"Deal!" He shouted. I moved out of the way to let him enter. He jogged inside in triumph.

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. He had not changed.

After making dinner, I served it. He dug in right away. I made it in a huge quantity cause I knew his habit hadn't changed. He loved food.

"Y/n, your cooking is delicious. I never knew you cooked so nice," he said. I blushed.

I ate quietly, too. Even after I ate, he still hadn't finished.

"After finishing, wash the plates and kindly leave," I said, yawning. I went right into bed after brushing.

Morning~

A strong hand was on my waist. It felt like a déjà vu. The person was spooning me. I could feel some spiky, soft hair on my neck. The person was too close. I tried to get out, but I was pulled back. The person did it while still asleep. My face reddened. Natsu's face was now only a few inches from mine. I could feel his breath on my face. His hands were on my waist. He was drooling, and a smile was on my face. The whole situation creeped me out. With a brute face, I kicked him out.

"Get away from me, you perv," I shouted.

He fell on the floor, hitting his head on the ground. He groaned in pain.

"What the heck?" He shouted.

"I thought I told you to wash your plate and leave," I yelled.

"I washed the plates," he said.

"Then, did you forget about leaving? I mean, how in the hell did you end up sleeping next to me?" I shouted.

"Oh that, I was coming to tell you that I was going. But you were sleeping so soundly and you looked so cosy and I was feeling tired, too, so I jumped in," he said, grinning like it was not much of a big problem.

"You jumped in?" I repeated, not sure if I heard it right.

"Yeah, I mean, it's so better than what I normally sleep in,"

"Then, buy a nice bed, don't sleep in mine," I complained.

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"Whatever. I just don't want people having the wrong idea,"

"No one is gonna know,"

"Yeah, no one will know," a new voice said. Our heads turned in that direction so quickly that my neck hurt. Happy was looking at us, smirking. He seemed to have just walk up. Joy was next to him. She was looking at us, too.

I immediately turned to Natsu with a death stare, He looked apologetically at me. I rolled my eyes. I felt as though this was not going to stop any time soon.

Hope you liked the chapter. Please vote and comment below.