The Death of Peggy Carter

May 13, 2020

"Where are you guys going?" Sam asked Natasha, Steve, and Tony. "We're going to see Aunt Peggy." Natasha answers. Sam just nods in answer and the trio makes their way to Tony's car. 

"I just have one request. Don't do anything in the back of my car." Tony teases once they get inside his car. "Haha." Natasha says sarcastically. "Children enough with the fighting." Steve said. "Sure thing Grandpa." Tony answers with a smirk. "Can you start driving the car Shellhead?" Natasha asked. "Yeah, let's go." Tony answers and starts driving. 

TimeSkip

"Knock knock. Pegster you in there." Tony said knocking on her door. "Come in." A voice said from inside. 

"Tony!" Peggy exclaimed seeing her godson. "I brought friends." Tony said walking over to his aunt and hugging her. At the same time, Natasha and Steve walked in. "Hello dear." Peggy greeted Steve and Natasha. Both walked up to her bed and hugged her as well. 

"How are you feeling today Peggy?" Steve asks. "I'm doing alright. What about you guys?" Peggy asks. "Personally I'm doing fine. I don't know if I told you this but the Avengers are now moving upstate. So I'm busy with getting the new Avengers Compound ready. And Peter and Harley are keeping me busy. Those two never stop talking and playing." Tony tells her. "How is Madison doing?" Peggy asks Natasha and Steve. "She's fine. A total Daddies girl. Yesterday I was trying to cuddle with Steve and she just crawled onto our bed and yanked my hair." Natasha tells her with a chuckle. 

Everything was going well until...

"Steve, you're alive?" Peggy asks. "Howard look it's Steve." Peggy says now facing Tony. "Well, I couldn't miss our date." Steve answers holding back tears. "I couldn't leave Captain America as a popsicle in the ocean." Tony said acting like Howard. "Don't be so mean Howard. Now, where are Tony and Natasha?" Peggy asks. "They're at home with Maria." Tony answers. "Peg we have to go I promised the kids they would meet Steve." Tony says. They all say their goodbyes to Peggy and quietly make their way back to Tony's car.

The whole car ride home was quiet as well. 

When they got back to the tower nobody talked to them knowing how all three of them got after visiting Peggy. 

Tony went to his lab. Steve went to the gym. Natasha went to the ballet room Tony had made.

The rest of the day was spent quietly by the 3. They all knew one thing for sure. 

Margaret Elizabeth Carter's days were ending. 

June 13, 2016

Today was a monthly meeting with the Avengers. They usually discussed upcoming missions and things like that. But right in the middle of the meeting, Tony got a call from a person he hadn't talked to in a while. 

"Hang on I gotta take this." Tony said standing up. 

"Sharon, what's wrong?" Tony whispered into the phone hoping nobody could hear their conversation. "She's gone. In her sleep." Sharon's voice came through the phone and Tony instantly knew who 'She' was. It was Aunt Peggy. But before Tony could ask anything the call ended and the phone fell out of his hand. 

"Tony, what's wrong?" Steve asked. But before Tony could answer his phone beeped and he got a message. 'She's gone. In her sleep.' As Steve read the text his whole face had gone pale. 

"What's wrong? You guys are scaring me." Natasha asked. 

"Natasha come here." Tony said. Natasha then walked over to Tony who brought her into a hug. "Tony tell me what's wrong." Natasha demanded. "Aunt Peggy is gone. In her sleep." Tony told her. "What." Natasha said in disbelief. "Guys let's get give some space." Bucky suggested overhearing the news. Steve gave Bucky a sad smile and walked over to Natasha as the others left. 

And that's when the waterworks started. The two men both hugged Natasha creating some sort of group hug. The three cried for who knows how long. Somewhere in between that time Pepper got that news and rushed to Tony. Pepper finally got Tony to calm down who mumbled something about making calls, planning the funeral, and Peter and Harley before disappearing. Before following Tony, Pepper made sure Natasha and Steve go to their room and then tried to find Tony. 

Tony was sitting in the boy's room telling them stories about their Grandma Peggy. 

" -and then she saw Grandpa Jarvis exercising in the most ridiculous shorts. Grandpa Jarvis then told her that he was training to he could fight all the bad guys. Specifically, he said he regimented in the deadly arts. He then asked Grandma Peggy to fight her which is never a good idea but Jarvis never learned his lesson since she ended up taking him down in a second. But surprisingly he tricked her and took her down by using a move he called the 'patented tortoise of fury' which I think is ridiculous. Oh hey, Pepper." Tony said noticing his wife was standing by the door watching them. 

"Tony how you feeling?" Pepper asked walking into the nursery and sitting down by Peter. "Well, I don't know. I can't believe she's gone." Tony admitted. " I can't either and I only met her a couple of times. But I think we all need a cuddle party." Pepper suggested. "Great idea." Tony said grabbing Harley while Pepper to Peter and walked to their room and had a cuddle party. 

Steve and Natasha both cuddled on their bed since Madison was taking a nap ( Thank you Bucky). "How you feeling?" Steve asked. "I don't know. Without Peggy, I wouldn't be here. Maria told us it was her idea to infiltrate the Red Room and I feel like I owe her something." Natasha told him. "Peggy was the best, wasn't she." Steve said. "Yeah, she was."Natasha replied cuddling closer to Steve. "Go to sleep, my love. Everything will be alright." Steve said stroking Natasha's hair. Both of them then fell asleep.

June 22, 2016

Today was Peggys Funeral. Natasha, Steve, Tony, Pepper, Bucky, and Sam were the only ones attending. 

Tony and Steve were the only ones out of the 6 of them to carry the casket. Tony and Natasha were the only ones out of the 6 of them to say something. 

But all of them cried that day. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, the funeral was so short I've never been to a funeral sooo I didn't know what to do. 

I'm going to try to update more often.

And be prepared the next chapter is the be Peter, Harley, and Madison's Birthday party!

Thank you for 10k views. I never thought I would get this many but thank you for all of your guys' support!

I love you all 3000