Chapter 24

*********

Robin stood upon the old theatre across from the GCPD. His cape flowed in the small breeze. Nothing interesting has been reported in yet. He couldn't help but think back to when Natasha and Stephanie were in the gym, Natasha was acting... Strange. Robin knew something was up. He began to get frustrated, how could the son of talia al ghul and the son of batman not know? It's literally in his blood to be one of the greatest detectives... He tried not to mumble out loud or else Barbara and the others would hear it on his body cam.

. Knowing he would get in trouble for slacking off during patrol he shook the thoughts out of his head and listened in on the police radios. He tried with all his might to hold back a sneeze. He failed miserably. Nothing interesting only just reports of thugs or goons taken down by his step siblings. He thought back to the goons he had taken down moments eariler, his father finally entrusted him to patrol alone. Although, it must've just been because he had his body cam on, acting as a digital babysitter.

As he let out a heavy sigh, he leaps off the theatre and lands on top of GCPD. Luckily, he hears something that is finally worth his time. 

"Black mask goons are shooting up Gotham city park, estimated 32 in total. 2 officers are down. It seems to be a territory claim! Backup is needed immediately! -- it's a whole damn army!"

As if on que Barbara starts speaking through robins comms, "I'm guessing you heard that too?" Damian rolled his eyes and comfirmed. He really did have a babysitter. "Alert nightwing." 

"Wayy ahead of you baby bird. ETA 5 minutes. Nightwing and spoiler are closest." Barbara said, Damian could sense the smirk beaming in her sentence. He muttered something about his stupid nickname, "aww~ you don't like being called baby bird, Baby bird?" She teased. He growled.

"Shut it, Gordon or else slit your throat in your sleep." The avengers sat wide eyed at Damian comment. Was he serious? Why would a kid say something like that? "The fuck?" Clint said. 

Nightwing had heard Clints comment through the connecting comms, "Language! There's a kid on this line!" Barbara chuckled as dick went on a rant about why people don't censor their language around kids, he probably had enough of Jason's swearing when their around Damian. Natasha on the other hand, was more concerned than weirded out. She wanted to know how this kid would say such things as if it's a regular. And why.

As Barbara finished up helping Selena and Bruce through a drug trade in a warehouse, Stephanie spoke up, "guys... I'm at the park, and it's a literal warzone! It's a gang rivalry not a territory claim, and their going guns blazing like there's no tomorrow."

"Hey Jason, they found your people." Red Robin teased. "Oh, shut up replacement. Remember don't use names on the comms ya idiot." Red hood responded, there were gunshots in the background.

"Nightwing, robin? Have you arrived?" Barbara ask, trying to distract herself from the faint gunshots coming from Jason's comms. "We just pulled up, c'mon little D." Nightwing answered.

Tony watched as Jason's body cam was him crouching behind a crate, hiding from the goons that were shooting at him. "Those better be rubber bullets." Batman grunted.

"gee thanks for checking if I'm okay, old man. It's fineee." 

Natasha watched Stephanie's, Damian's, and Dick's body cameras. It wasn't 30 men in total... It was 30 men on each side! Her eyes wandered to the street cameras. It really was a war. She noticed about 3 police officered huddled behind a beat up car, one of them seemed to be wounded. She grew more concerned when she heard a few sneezes from Damian.

"Three kids against 60 men?!" She stood up from her chair, slamming her fist on the table in anger. "Your sending them into a death trap!"  Barbara felt Natasha's glare on her, she immediately went to check the cameras. Natasha was expecting her to call back up for them but she sat there not giving a care in the world. Suddenly her mouth shaped in a 'O'. "Rightt! You guys don't know Gotham. Welp, this is only a brief showing of how crazy this hell hole can get." She motioned towards the monitors to get the avengers attention.

She sat back in her chair and slurped on her slushie. "steph, there's 9 wounded officers in total. You think you can get them out on your own?" 

"Pff, of course I can. Look who your talking to!" She called out from her hiding spot in a tall tree. "Nightwing, you take down black masks gang, and maybe use some of at Grayson charm while your at it."

"Robin, take down penguins gang. I'll get the wounded and join you later." Spoiler briefed them. The trio was currently all hiding in different trees, hiding in plain sight. With a swish of the wind the bats were gone, Steve began getting concerned for their safety. It's only been a day and he didn't feel like having to patch up the people who took them in just because they were being cocky.

Natasha began shifting her weight on her chair as robin punched a goon and another one snuck up behind him and took him by surprise. "Oh shit, robin how did you not see that?" Duke called out from his seat, he was doing some homework from his university but decided to put it off to the side to watch the whole park fiasco.

Steve rolled his eyes at Dukes antics before focusing on night wings camera. Nightwing twisted and turned in inhumane ways. He fought skilled. Nightwing swept a goons leg and did a back hand spring off of another goons shoulders, knocking him down and kicking another goon in the face.

Steve and Clint watched in awe, they didn't expect nightwing to take down the goons so easily, it was like it only took a flick of the wrist, they winced every time he was punched or kicked. 

Peter focused on Stephanie, it wasn't anything interesting other than dodging bullets and - Dodging bullets?! Yea, Peter could dodge bullets, Barley! And that's with his powers, how does someone without powers dodge bullets. He watched more intently, watching her every move. Although it may seem stalkerish but he was amazed of her skill. His jaw dropped when she a bullet grazed her forearm. She didn't even wince! How?

The comms were dead until suddenly robins line went offline. Barbara immediately sat up from her hunch and started calling out for Damian. "Robin? Do you hear me?" Barbara glanced back at the body cams after no reply she called out for him again. "Nightwing, spoiler.  Do you have eyes on robin?"

"Hang on a sec babe." Nightwing grunted as a goon kicked his stomach as he tried to dodge a bullet. He stumbled back a bit, barley missing another gun shot. "I don't see him, I have one more officer then I'll go find him." Stephanie said. She ran full speed towards the officer across the park. Natasha's eyes wandered to Stephanie's camera, She ran up the picnic table and Sommesaulted off the table, dodging a few stray bullets. Stephanie had the skills of an assassin, yet the trainging of a hero. Worry bubbled up inside of Natasha as she saw the blonde wince when she used her left arm to push herself up into a back flip. 

The Crimson color glowed against the shredded purple fabric, her bullet wound may have only grazed her but Natasha could tell it stung like a bitch to her.

*******