Chapter 2

-

Metropolis streets Shake brutally, causing many people who were once walking to fall to the floor. Few buildings became unstable, some pieces come flying down. A chunk of rumble was falling, a girl and a little boy were trying to safely make their way home. They didnt notice a piece of cement falling ontop of them, not until the little boy froze, pointing up. Just as they were about to be crushed, a fimiliar caped kryptonian came to their rescue. Superman caught the rumble just in time and flew away to dispose of it. "Superman to watchtower, superman to watch tower!" 

"Watchtower to superman, what's the problem?" Superman sighed in relief when he heard Hal Jordan on the other end. "Are you seeing these mass earthquakes in metropolis? I can't be everywhere at once. Send backup!" He grunted as he had picked up another falling piece. 

"On it, we are alerting the other supers for now, hang in there supes." Within seconds superman noticed a red blur in the air, he immediately knew it was Conner. In the distance fangirling could be heard from the ground as he saved 3 people from being crushed. Superman whipped around when he saw another blur, super girl. "Hey Clark, any idea why this earthquake is happening? Usually these types of earthquakes are not natural!" 

"This is a lot more fun than being around a brooding Damian though!" Jon spoke, superman was confused, when had Jon had gotten here? "Jon, remember your grounded, why are you here?" 

"Well I-" just as Jon was about to talk, a weird portal opened up in the sky, and the earthquake stopped. "Im not sure my punishment is what we should be worried about here..." Jon floated up towards the gathering supers. "Now this is when we alert the JL" Conner spoke uneasily, he did not feel like putting up with another alien invasion today. "Superman to watchtower, requesting the league in metropolis, there's an unknown portal opening in the sky." 

A sigh was heard from the other end, "again? Can't metropolis just not have a random portal open for just a good peaceful month?" Superman rolled his eyes at Hal's remark. "the league has been informed, ETA 10 minutes." Superman thanked him and had his super family return to helping the citizens. 

-

A few minutes later-

"Guys, am I seeing correctly or is that a red human tin can faking through the portal?" Super girl announced through the comms. "You have multiple types of vision and you're still unsure?" Said Conner.

"Ha, ha. Jon get a better visual, Clark is debriefing the justice league." 

"On it aunt kara!" Jon flew slightly closer and used his x ray vision to determine what that human shaped tin can was. "Wow, there's actually somebody in there! It remind me of the atoms-" A sudden blast erupted in the air, causing Jon to get launched into a nearby building. "Ouch" he muttered.

Conner flew near Jon, asking if he was ok. They might not have been full brothers but that didn't stop Connor from secretly caring for Jon. He'd never admit it though. Jon gave him a thumbs up and they flew back to Kara. 

Once again all the supers were gathered, while Clark was instructing them what to do, " the league and I will handle this, Conner, Kara, you two help clean up the debri. Jon, you go home and stay in your room." That caused a huff from the two boys, Conner didn't want to be on clean up duty, while Jon didn't want to go back to being grounded. Kara just rolled her eyes are the brooding boys. 

-

"So is there any idea what this portal is?" Wonder Woman asked. Batman was as quiet as a bat and snuck up behind the league, spooking them. " I had red robin research this portal, we've seen it before." There was a soft 'yum' heard when batman said red robin. " it seems to be an inter-dimensional portal, night wing, red robin and hood along with bat woman were sucked into a different dimension last year, ever since we have had alerts set for these kind of things."

"So, you know how to close it?" Flash asked. "Not quite, blue is working on a device." Batman replied.

"Zantanna, can you track where the portal came from?" Aqua lad asked through the comms. "Sure thing. Watchtower to justice league over."

"What the hell is that?" Green arrow pointed towards the portal. " I think you mean, who that might be." Martian manhunter corrected as they realized that thing was a person. A human. He seemed to be unconscious, with shredded clothes.

Then a few seconds later, 5 more people fell out of the portal. The justice league was about to go save them, yet one of them started ... flying? Then another one used some sort of grapple hook to swing down to safety. Then the red human tin can superman saw earlier was back, he was flying with the others. The strange people fell to the floor. The justice league was expecting to see dead corpses due to the fall. "Green lantern get us a platform" green lantern nodded and formed a platform for batman, aqua lad and green arrow.