Chapter 35

-
-
Star Labs

"Holy crap, you made this all on your own?"

"Yep."

"In a cave?"

"Mmhmm!"

"BEING HELD HOSTAGE??"

Bruce and Caitlin both covered their ears when they heard Cisco let out a squeal that would put any fangirl to shame. Once he had saw Tony's suit he had been bombarding him with questions. Tony and Cisco had been testing gadgets and showing off their work.

"Sorry about Cisco, he gets a little too excited when it comes to his toys." Caitlin gave a lopsided smile to Bruce as she flicked down her safety goggles. When Cisco visited the watch tower and briefly met the avengers, he hadn't had a good chance to look at Tony's Ironman suit.

"So what field do you specialize in?" She attached the metal rods and carefully moved the deathly cold brick of ice that was graciously provided by none of other an killer frost. "Nuclear physics and gamma radiation." Bruce said, watching intensely at Dr. Snow's procedure.

Caitlin nearly dropped the ice brick when she heard him. "Gamma radiation?" She quickly straighten herself up and got a better grip on the rod. "To specialize in such a dangerous study, you've got to be either insane or insanely smart!" Bruce chuckled, he knew all too well how dangerous and life threatening gamma radiation can be, after all he is the hulk.

Once she carefully placed the ice brick on the thermostat mat, Bruce finally spoke once again, "the thing is... I— the gamma radiation made me the hulk." He sheepishly grinned. He knew experimenting with such thing was a stupid idea but his stupid and fearless experiment became revolutionary, and that he is proud of it. Well, he usually is. Kinda. Yet, Caitlin gave off a certain aura, a cold, stern yet friendly aura. It was completely different from what killer frost gave off.

"Ah, that explains it." She adjusted her gloves, glancing at Bruce. "—Your gonna need a jacket and some goggles if you want to watch.." she suggested. Caitlin pointed towards a cabinet with supplies, Bruce looked in awe. Taking in the beauty of the equipment, yes, tony had the funds to allow Bruce to experiment and have as much equipment as he wanted. But, since the tower—especially his lab—keeps getting destroyed, Bruce doesn't like to bother tony with constantly bugging him for equipment so he sticks to his safe lab at the new avengers base.

Bruce quickly snapped himself out of thought as him eyes landed on the goggles. He didn't want to keep dr. Snow waiting. If he were the lead scientist here, he wouldn't want to but his project on hold just to wait on a guest so once he grabbed the goggles he speed walked towards the chair where his jacket — which was borrowed from the Wayne's — was sitting.

As he shrugged on his coat he began to realize he didn't even know what Caitlin was doing. He flicked down his goggles and stood next to her, watching her every move. "What exactly are you working on?"

Caitlin looked up, "Well, we got word that snarts cold gun was replicated which is kinda concerning since Cisco is the only person who was able to perfect it. Since killer frost has ice powers, I had a theory." She walked to a cart that had many tools. What spiked Bruce's interest was what was on the top rack. It was covered by a small white sheet.

Caitlin lifted the sheet to reveal a gun... a ray? Bruce tilted his head, examining the gun. It was much more complicated than a regular gun. Almost the Same shape as a blaster. Certainly something tony or Bucky would like.

"This is the cold gun. Well, Snart's Cold Gun but you get the point." She carefully moved the gun to the table they had been working on... well the table she was working on. "Cisco made it a while back but snart stole it and ever since it has been his signature weapon."

Caitlin took a step back from the table, aiming the gun towards the clear spot on it. Bruce was so focused on the guns features that he didn't realize she was aiming it, he quickly moved out of the way. When she shot the gun without warning he gazed upon a messy shard of ice.

"It's... it's a literal freeze ray."

"Yep!" She out a hand in her hip, accomplished with her action. "Why did that feel so good?" muttering to herself before she put the gun back on the kart.

"Anyways, the cold gun can only shoot a tempature so low, what if I could get killer frost to freeze her shards a lot colder and a lot more pressurized. Maybe it could overpower cold gun. After all it's a copycat gun that were up against, I don't think it would be too hard." She shrugged.

Bruce watched her experiment in awe and slight remorse. She explained it all like it was an everyday thing. Bruce and the avengers only handle the big things, like alien invasions or major threats against a presidents life and sometimes the occasional nature disaster. He never really stopped to think about the entirety of New York. Was leaving it all up to Peter too much? Now that he actually thought of it, letting the fate of New York's citizens rest in the hands of a 17 year old was quite unsettling. Maybe he should bring up patrolling in the next avengers meeting.

Maybe being on this earth isn't all bad as it seems. Maybe he could learn a thing or two from them...