Chapter 23

Batcave

9:28PM

*BONUS*

"Did you guys feed the bats yet?" Tim asked the others. He had a coffe mug in hand, as always. He plopped down on the couch as he scrolled through Netflix, waiting for his siblings to answer.

"You guys feed the bats?" Dick asked as he looked up from his computer. Tim nearly spit out his coffee.

"Yes, Grayson, I thought I told you to feed them earlier." Damian said, it wasn't really a question more of an annoyed statement.  "I thought you said the feed bats. As in batman..." Dick admitted, now that he said it out loud he realized how stupid it sounded. Tim tried his best to bite back a laugh then he realized the bats are either dead or starving.

"Why the hell would demon spawn even say that?!" Tim slightly shouted at his brothers weirdness and nearly spilling his coffee. "I don't know, why do you think when I tried to get Bruce to eat he was confused since it was 30 minutes  before dinner!" Dick shrugged as he took the remote from tims hand and chose a movie for himself.

Damian face palmed while Tim muttered something close to 'the bats are probably dead by now' .

-

"Alright, every ready?"

"Batman, ready."

"Cat woman, ready."

"Nightwing, ready."

"Batwoman, ready."

"Blue bird, ready."

"Robin, ready"

"Red hood, ready."

"Red robin-"

"YUM!" The group shouted, Tim simply sighed. His siblings antics can get annoying, but hey, that's just what being a bat comes with.

"Spoiler, ready."

And finally, "Black Bat, ready."

Stephanie had grabbed some of her glitter bombs while everybody was doing checks... What? It's practically a family patrol night, let a girl have some fun! She quickly stuffed the purple glitter bombs in her storage compartments on her caffs before going back to everyone else.

"Ok, cat woman, batman, and robin are alpha. Alpha squad, you will be patrolling burnley." The three of them nodded and grabbed their remaining gear or helmets. "Beta squad, red robin, black bat. Patrol north of new Gotham." Barbara took a sip of her water before looking back at the patrol list.

"Gamma squad, spoiler and hood will patrol north of old Gotham. Delta, nightwing, blue bird and Batwoman patrol old Gotham. Rendezvous point will be in somerset. I will be joining you at midnight." Barbara did one last check on the body cams and comms. Damian watched as Tim gave Stephanie a quick peck on the cheek before parting ways, nightwing kissed Barbara goodbye and  batman and cat woman gave a quick kiss... All this lovey dovey stuff is making Damian want to Barf. 

Steve noticed Damian's disgust and chuckled. As everybody loaded into heir vehicles, Selena, Bruce and Damian used the bag mobile. Nightwing and the others used their bikes. Clint was still in awe with their costume bikes. Once they got home, he was gonna bug Tony to get the team costume bikes too.

Once everybody had left the cave it was silent, not counting the typing that was heard from Barbara and the supplies Duke was moving. The avengers were quietly watching the body cams, hoping there was something interesting.  It was mostly just small talk between the comms, and the bats riding their bikes to their patrol areas. Thor may or may not have went back upstair after 3 minutes to go to sleep. 

5... Long... Minutes went by quietly, until...

"Oh shit." Duke nearly shouted. 

Natasha quickly turned her head to look at Duke, she was confused when she saw purple glitter. Something about it was fimiliar... Oddly... Almost deadly fimiliar. Clint turned and wondered what the heck happened. 

"What's wrong, Duke?" Barbara stopped typing and turned her chair with a squeak. Duke stepped aside to allow Barbara to see the small trail of purple glitter on the floor. Barbara's face nearly when pale but then she remembered she didn't have patrol until midnight so Stephanie's glitter bombs would most likely be gone before then.

The avengers were still oblivious to what was happening. "W-what's with the glitter?" Peter asked.

"Well... Let's just say the family is about to hate glitter for about a month after tonight." Barbara said with a smirk forming on her face. Duke tried to stifle back a laugh but failed miserably. "Thank god I don't have patrol with the purple maniac."

-