Chapter 03 - Somebody Save Me!

Chapter 3~

~~TORI'S POV~~

                        I searched the crowd desperately for Nikki. As soon as I lost sight of the other girl, I knew this was a bad idea and stood up right away.

"Nikki!" I cried out desperately. Nikki always managed to find herself in one scrape or another, and I didn't like not being there to bail her out.

As soon as I caught sight of her, I knew exactly what was going to happen. She was going to fall flat on her ass in front of this whole crowd. Grabbing her waist right away, I kept her upright and whispered in her ear, "Careful now. Superwoman can't save you all the time."

Looking up, I smiled, "Sorry, she has a balance issue... Oh crap." I was face to face with the biggest boy band in music history.

"Crap is right," Nikki muttered, and we were all frozen in place for about five more seconds, oblivious to the screaming girls around us.

Out of the blue, a voice said, "I like your shirt." 

I looked down self consciously at the my coffee stain before looking up at the most stunning pair of hazel eyes I had ever seen. Recognizing the hoodie, my eyes widened slightly in surprise. So THIS was where coffee boy was rushing off to.

Giving him a wry smile, she grinned, "I like it better when guys in hoodies don't spill things all over it."

Instead of blushing and looking away, he gave her an impressed smile, and Tori found her cheeks the ones growing warm.

"Perhaps we should get your numbers," Harry piped up, his eyes never leaving Nikki. "You know... just in case she hurt something and you need us... for insurance purposes." He finished, a bit flustered. I quirked an eyebrow, not believing his lame excuse.

"You know. If you want to see me again, Harry, all you had to do was ask." I teased. To his credit, he turned a very brilliant shade of maroon, and something flashed across Liam's face, but it was done before we could catch it.

Nikki swatted my arm, "Don't be mean, T."

"TEA?" Louis popped up, being uncharacteristically silent. "WHERE? IS IT YORKSHIRE?"

Nikki and I both looked at each other amused. "That's her nickname, Louis...."

"What are your names, loves?" Niall asked. "We should bring you guys for an apology lunch."

"Apology lunch? For what falling at your feet?" I laughed lightheartedly, but arm however tensed against Nikki's waist. To be stuck in a room with five of the fittest guys in the world was a terrifying prospect so soon after we've come out of our shells. "You get that all the time." I gestured to the crowd around them who were jostling to hear our conversation.

"Yeah, but so rare is it that they are as witty as you two." Zayn replied smoothly.

Seeing the murderous looks on the fangirls faces around us, and not really wanting to make enemies on the first day of university, I tugged Nikki away. "Isn't that a shame. I'm sure if you ask, one of these girls would absolutely love the chance to prove how witty they are."

Just before we dove back into the crowd, Liam cried out, "We still don't know your names!"

Nikki and I gave each other matching smiles, before I responded. "Don't worry, Liam. If you truly want to know who we are, you'll figure it out. Excuse me, we have classes to sign up for."

And with that, we blended into the screaming group of fangirls as they pressed closer to the boys we were leaving behind.