Chapter 11 - The Pact

Sam's POV

I saw the white light and paced towards it. God, I'm coming. To the place of eternal peace and beauty. No trouble. Yes god.

Wait, don't go!

Before I knew I was running towards the light.

And...

And I banged my head against the wall.

What the hell?!

Confused? So is I. Damn! Now I'm hallucinating. I was in my office, yes the assistant of the music department gets one. Damn the super effin' famous band that has enrolled in our school. Seriously why couldn't they have gone anywhere else. And that too the year when I became the head assistant.

Hang it with the judgments people. No, if you think I'm a bitch I'm NOT. You can't really blame me. The whole effin' week has gone and I still don't have a drummer for the band. Seriously, I thought everybody is supposed to do something in a band. Then why the hell the additional members, eh? They could probably have hired somebody for the gig but it is a 'school' band. Dammit!

As I was rubbing my head with the back of my hand, I heard on the knock.

I was about to tell the person to come back later when the doorknob anyway turned. Huh, and here I was thinking that I have the authority to let someone in my office. Illusions people have, I tell ya'. (By the way I'm going lunatic here now since I've started speaking of myself in the third person.)

It was Ryan Ackerman. Followed by the guys I had been cussing just a few minutes back. Ryan was the head of the music department (remember, I'm the assistant head) and also one of the hottest guys to ever grace us with his face every day. Actually he's pretty chill too. Though today...let's just give the dude a break, eh? His normally genuine smile was plastered in a mixture of anguish and ferocity. Aw damn, I'm freaking dead now.

"Ms.Parker" he said, addressing me by my last name. SO dead.

"Ye-ah?" I asked, a little sceptically.

"Three days" he said and I knew what he meant.

"Yes sir. But-" I hurridly tried to come up with an excuse but was cut off.

"Sam, don't." Is all he said, emphasizing the fact with gesture of his hand. And then he was gone. Just like that, gone. I was left behind with the lads who seemed to be having an exchange of worried and comical looks.

"Not funny, I told Niall, who was busy showing off his teeth in all modest glory. The smile was rubbed off immediately and instead replaced with an expression an adolescent girl would carry if not given permission to party till late by her mom.

"Sam, don't", Louis said, mimicking Ackerman. This send the lads in fits of laughter and yes, I do admit that I also had a hard time trying to control my laughter. Even though I pretty much succeeded I still held a hint of smile which none of the boys missed.

"So...", Harry said, as his arm lazily fell around my shoulder. I impulsively threw his arm back and shot him daggers with my eyes.

"Whoa woman!" Harry said, mockingly. I saw Niall trying to control his laughter. And I swear that if stares could kill he would be SO dead.

"You're scary", Niall admitted as he scratched the back of his head. I heard Zayn laugh, shamelessly if I might add.

"Your turn", Louis said, kicking his leg. And I swear I saw Zayn gulp. I turned to see Harry expression and was pretty shocked to see him making comical expressions (wait, was that puffing up his cheeks with air and using his finger to stretch his eye. Very mature!)