Chapter 12 - More like "Drummer GIRL" (PART 1)

~~TORI'S POV~~

As I watched the fangirls swarm the people who should be our rescue, I whirled on Nikki swiftly, jabbing her arm with a punch. "You idiot! They're supposed to help us! How the hell are we supposed to get to Sam's place without our rides now?!"

She gaped at me, obviously not having thought her brilliant plan through. As usual. That left it up to me to figure out how to get all of us out of this mess and into the boys' black sedan. Though I was tempted to leave them there to rot. Apparently, the boys had told Sam about my guitar playing, the little sneaky bastards. I should just let those fangirls castrate them... but why deny myself the pleasure?

Grabbing Nikki's hand, I shoved us to the front of the line before hissing at her to follow my lead. I let the other fangirls jostle me closer to Liam before I pretended like one of them shoved me to the floor. Curling up into a ball to protect my head, I screamed for help, and I could hear Nikki on the other side of the boys doing the same.

Peeking through my fingers, I saw concern and panic flash across Liam's face, and I broke character for half a second to wink at him. Relief filled his eyes, and he came close to smiling at me, but I shook my head at him quickly. Mouthing, "pick me up" I closed my eyes and pretended to pass out.

"EVERYONE STOP!" Liam bellowed, and suddenly the pavement was no longer at my back, Liam's arms were. He cradled me against my chest, and I peeked through my eye lids to see that Harry had done the same for Nikki. Their black wigs had fallen off and were now useless on the pavement, and they had taken off their sunglasses as well. Liam slid his onto my face so that the flash of the camera phones wouldn't get to me, and a fraction of my anonymity would remain.

"WE HAVE TO MAKE SURE THESE GIRLS ARE OK!" He screamed, "CLEAR A PATH!"

The girls moved aside instantly, parting like the Red Sea for five British boys. As they carried us to the sedan, we could hear murmured comments. Most of them were awws, and "they are so lucky's", but I heard part of them say things about attention seeking whores, and I nearly jumped down to pound them to the ground.

Soon everyone disappeared, and we were encased in the leather upholstered bubble that was the sedan. My eyes popped open, and I growled at all of them. "NEVER MAKE ME DO THAT AGAIN!"

Idiots. All of them. I huffed and crossed my arms, staring out the window stormily. I hated thinking on the fly, I could do it, but being put on the spot was my least favorite thing to do.

Nikki knew how I got when I was in this mood, and she had the common sense to look ashamed and stare out her own window, but Liam didn't know better. He sidled up next to me and nuzzled his head into my shoulder, looking at me with puppy eyes that would make me melt any time but now.

"C'mon.... don't be angry at us... Smile?" He pouted adorably, but I was past soothing.

Gritting my teeth, I hissed, "You better get away from me, Payne, before I bite off your head."

He looked at me surprised, usually I was never this short with him, or anybody. "B-but we didn't do anything!"

"You told Sam about...." I paused with a swift, furtive gaze at Nikki. "The thing I told younever to tell anyone about!"

"What your guitar playing?!" He retorted hotly. "We told her about Nikki's drum playing too!"

I froze in place, a horrified and disgusted glare at Nikki appearing on my face. "YOU PLAY THE DRUMS AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME!?"

She yelled back, equally angry, "THE BOYS FOUND OUT YOU PLAY THE GUITAR BEFORE I DID!?"

***

When we got to our destination, I brushed everyone off. I couldn't look at anyone, I was so angry. Pushing everyone off, I walked without a destination until miraculously I arrived under the stars. I liked the stars. It kept me calm when I could look up and find the same old reliable lights forming the same old reliable shapes.

I let out a scream as I lay back on the grass, my heart pounding angrily. How could they tell her? How could she not tell me? We had shared everything! EVERYTHING! And she couldn't tell me this one important thing?

Suddenly there was a presence next to me, lying down too. I looked over to see a buzz cut head across the way from me.

Turning away from him to lay on my side, I played with the grass, refusing to acknowledge him. Suddenly, two arms wrapped around me, tugging me against a hard chest. I landed with a huffand wriggled, trying to break away from him.

"Get. Off!"

"Not until you talk to me! Or cuddle!" He retorted angrily.

"What is there to talk about?" I groaned, pushing against his thick arms, until I gave up, remaining limp in his arms.

"Why you're angry at me... us... for one!"

I turned around finally, letting the full force of my anger pierce him fully.

"I let you know a secret. I let you in. And you betrayed me."

"B-betrayed you?" He stuttered, shocked.

"I trusted you with a secret. That was the only thing I've ever had for myself and now in the span of less than a week over seven people know. How could you?" I got up from his hug and started walking towards the house again, angry that my time to myself was over.

"Why'd you keep it a secret?" A voice echoed from behind me.

I whirled around angrily and marched right up to him, staring up into his face, so much higher than mine. "Because it was mine. It was something I could do for me without judgment or critique. It was something I didn't have to share.

"Ever think that's why Nikki kept her thing from you?" He asked softly as he walked past me. "Just... think about that."

And then he left me in the backyard to my thoughts, wishing he had stayed and helped me sort through the mess my mind had become.

~~

HEy! I decided to put the POVs into Different chapters. Mine's goin to be up very soon. :) In a few hours.

And I must say Im very dissapointed in you guys. Not a SINGLE Email! **Forever alone** :(

Well, nevermind. :) I hope you like the last chapter before this book is on hold. xD

Love you all, but not so much. xP

xX, Nikita ^_^