Chapter 21

Sam's POV

I stayed back for a bit to work on my guitar. At home I never got the quietness one requires for music. An asshole of a roommate would tell me to shut up. Remind me again why I'm even rooming with him?

Anyway, I headed for my reserved parking lot. When I reached there I happened to see Ryan leaning against his car, looking as sexy as he ever does. He was wearing naturally torn jeans (you gotta love em') along with a sweatshirt. A guitar slung on his shoulders, like it usually does when he's not 'teaching'. It was a little funny because I also had my guitar slung around my shoulders the same way. I was in my 'yoga' clothes (yes, its a new subject that's been introduced) which were grey trackpants with a black spagethhi top. I'd decided that since there was nobody around, including Tanner, I could take it easy and stay in my yoga clothes. PLus it was convienient since I wouldn't have had to change again, after all we had it at the end of the day.

"Hey" I tried to say casually as I went over to my car and pressed the button to open it. I was feeling a little self concious though. He looked so much more sexy than me without even making the ffort. At the moment, I looked like a freaking hobo. Okay...maybe not that extreme but you get the gist, right? Plus my hair was also in a messy bun. Not hot.

"Hey" he said as he kept this eye contact with mine.

He smiled at me and then got out a bag. I eyed it curiously. He passed it to me and I, though a bit doubtfully, took it. I looked inside to find...my clothes from that night.

I blushed immediately.

Then I heard a 'cluck' sound. I looked around briefly for a second and found no one. Then I diverted my attention back to Ryan.

I looked up to meet his gorgeous eyes. He slightly smiled at me and that gave me a chance to see his perfect and adorable dimples.

"I figured that since you and I might never be 'us'..." he left for me to make sense of his incomplete sentence. And I pretty much did. But then something gripped me. Fear.

"Why d'you say that?" I asked him as I tried my best to not make my incomparable nervousness and curiosity show.

"C'mon Shrita! You and Zayn!" he clarified for me.

"Ryan..." I looked at him, "It's a long story" I told him.

"Well I have the whole day" he stated matter-of-factly.

I took in a deep breath.

"Long story short, Zayn like this chick and I'm helping Zayn get his girl and that's why I'm fake-dating him to make that girl jealous and Zayn and I are only friends beyond that nothing more." I said at the speed of lightening. I also used too many ANDs but to be honest, I couldn't care less about my grammar or the rate at which I spoke. For some strange reason I had left out the whole of Tanner's part. Why, that I don't know.

"Um...what?" he looked at me, puzzled but by that mischievous look on his face I knew that he had gotten every one of my word.

"Oh you" I punched him on the arm playfully.

He gently smiled at me.

"Hey...can I ask you something?" he asked me.

I pondred over it for a moment but then gave in.

"Why so much make-up and dressing and a hot car?" he asked me. So...this is the last thing I was expecting him to say. But he went on, saving me from lying.

"You're beautiful" he said and then leaned in closed to my ears, "Just the way you are"

Before I knew what was happening, his face came closer to mine and within a second his lips were on mine. And this time, I could feel them in full consciousness without the alcohol blinding my senses and my mind. Whoa, he was a damn good kisser. My heart started pumping at speed of light and I tried to cherish every moment of the kiss. That is why I didn't push him away at first but then I did. This couldn't go on, right? I mean I had to chase Tanner. Tanner Chase. Chase Tanner. Whoa, I crack myself!