Chapter Seventeen

Charli's POV

Returned to present.

Five years later after Summer left.

I smiled while I entered my working place. As a coffee and pastry lover, I did enjoy the strong coffee beans mixed with the light pastries smell.

My dad decided to retire his business with his partners and decided to open a small coffee shop with my mum and me. We started the bakery and the coffee course after I had graduated with my double major degree in Finance and Marketing course.

My dad and mum would more focus on the operation while I more focus on the back office such as paperwork, finance, and monitoring the crews' shifts and tasks. I had to multitask if my parents were out for their sweet trips.

I practically spent all my time at our coffee shop aside from sleep. Somehow, I do enjoy spending most of my time around here because the environment is just nice for me to do my hobbies such as reading and writing during my free time. If only not too many customers for the crews to deal with.        

We started our business last two years and we found the best target market location in the busy city. Even though we had so many competitors but surprisingly we had a great start to our business with loads of customers.

Thankfully, we get numerous feedback from the customers that our shop had the best-selling Coffee and cheese bagels in town. With this positive and strong feedbacks, our shop attracted more customers to come.  

However, a tall and slender lady caught my attention. She was our regular customer and practically every day bought our coffee and cheese bagels every before she worked ever since the first day.

My curiosity had a small talk with her. She told me that our food and beverage were her most favorite among the other coffee shops.

Also, her working place was just right across from our place which was a hotel. I was surprised about that because I thought the quality of the coffee bean from the place she works might be better than our coffee shop.

Maybe she was getting bored of the foods and drinks at her place, and that was good that she would have tea time with her friends here.

I hadn't seen this lady came over to our place to get coffee and cheese bagels again recently. Maybe she had shifted to another workplace place or gotten busy I guessed.

However, since the day that lady was not around, there came a blonde around my age to buy the same menu exactly the lady. This girl is always full of joy and with a bright smile whenever we saw her, and I quite like her spirit.

Speaking of the ladies my eyes widened and stared at the lovely couple in awe. The taller lady and the blonde entered my place hand in hand.

Also, this was the first time I saw the taller lady was grinning from ear to ear all the time who was engaging with her girlfriend at the counter.

The food and drinks they ordered were different at this time. They ordered a cup of ice-blended mocha and a slice of New York Cheesecake.

The blonde was gleefully pulling the taller lady who was carefully holding a tray of their food and drinks to another corner to sit.

The couple actually were looking good together. The taller lady had a confident and determined look while the blonde is soft, cute, and cheerful type.

I chuckled when the taller lady was busy feeding the blonde cakes and drinks. I decided to stop stalking the lovebirds and back to do my stuff.     

"Can I have a sit at here?" I turned my attention to the adorable voice. She was a lovely brunette little girl around 5 years old who smiling cutely at me.