Chapter Three

"What the fuck has happened? Ughhhh." I was awakened by Summer's groggily voice. I let my eyes fluttered open as she was back facing me with her right fist hitting her head.

She groaned as she ran her hands through her bed dirty blonde hair, looked at me over her shoulder, and said sloppily, "Why did I sleep here instead? Where is Jake?"

That would be her typical question to me whenever she oversleeps at my place after her failure date.

I slowly shifted my body to lean against the bedboard and begin my story tell to her, "Well, Jake pissed off at you because you puked on his expensive tux. He didn't want to send you home. So, I decided to take us home by cab and Douglas helped us."

I yawned as I saw Summer's eyes widened and she seems like couldn't believe what Jake had done to her. She turned back to face me and sitting in Indian style. She shook her head with throw out her hands and scoffed, That asshole! Thank god I didn't sleep with him. He deserved that."

I was always not happy with what she said like that. She should love herself.

I knew I had been told her about this again and again. I silently sighed and said, "Summer, you shouldn't give in to any guy you're going to date so soon. They would think that you're easy."

She glared at me and said, "So what? We should have fun in our youth life. I'm totally fine with one night stand. That's quite common, Charli."

She was so stubborn and I had no idea why she would call that fun. I groaned, "I know there had protection, but you have to be careful. Please be aware that protection is not always 100% free from pregnancy."

I rolled my eyes after I felt a soft and pluff stuff hit on my face. I knew she would always dodge or didn't listen to my advice whenever came to this topic.

"Yea, yea. Stop nagging around, mum I'm starving!" Summer groaned as I grabbed the pillow which she had thrown on me and threw it back to her. Somehow, she was too fast to catch it and she smirked smugly at me, "About pillow fight, I'm always the winner."

I grinned as snatched another pillow and challenged her, "Let's see who's the winner this time."

She remained to smirk at me as she arched one of her eyebrows and said, "Challenge accepted. Hyahhhhhh!!" with that she started to hit on me as I quickly defend it from her and we both started laughing in our pillow fight.

*************

"What do you think about Douglas?" Summer grinned as she waited for my answer expectedly.

I hummed, "He is a gentleman and looking good. Oh, he is a nice guy too." I said truly.

Summer rolled her eyes while she was biting the straw of her soft drink and asked, "What if he asks you to hang out with him? Will you go?"

I nodded my head and said, "Of course I will. Because he is my friend."

Summer stopped biting the straw as she placed her soft drink on the table. She seems like thought I was a fool for her. She leaned against her sit with folded her arms and said, "Are you too oblivious or pretending that you have no idea about Douglas is into you?"

I scoffed at her ridiculous thought and I said, "That's impossible, Summer. He's the girls' candy eye, he has so much choice, but why me?"

"Bet." Summer said with arched one of her eyebrows.

I sighed and explained, "Trust me, we are friends, Summer. I know he is a nice guy and I believe he's not into me. Yesterday he just being nice and a gentleman to me. That's it."