Chapter Eight

We had so much fun staying together for more than two months, somehow it was like less than two days for me. No matter how selfish I wanted to keep Summer, I knew I had no other option for that.

Her father's business was having a downfall, he had to sell most of his properties to overcome his debts and only left a house for them to stay.

I was helpless for knowing everything about this, and I hate that I have no better words or advice for Summer. Usually, she could deal determinedly with any obstacle, but this time seems a huge impact on her. Also, she was clueless about any plan in next.

Summer was gloomy all the time since the phone called. She sighed as she zipped her luggage and stared at me, "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you like that."

I try to put myself together to brush off my stupid thoughts. I gave her a small smile and reassure her, "I'm fine, I'll take care of myself and don't worry about me, alright."

She stepped closer to me and rested both of her hands on my shoulder, her green eyes reached mine with the hint of worries and said, "How could I not worry about you? You're too innocent and easily trust anyone. What if you meet any bad friends? What if I found you taking drugs at the stranded street?"

"Summer, I'm not stupid!" I exclaimed at her.

Summer finally chuckled after long hours of her moody and she pulled me into a hug, "Fine. Besides me, just don't trust anyone easily okay?" I nodded my head and gently patted her back.

**************

"Our last Big Mac," Summer chuckled but I could hear the voice wasn't lively as usual.

"Hey, we still meet each other, alright," I shushed her.

"We can't spend time together that often anymore," Summer sighed sadly as she continues to bite her big mac seem like it was tasteless for her.

"I promise I'll get Big Mac and eat together with you whenever you want, alright?" I assured as I turned to face her and smiled at her before backing to the windshield.

She laughed and I could sense the voice was slightly lit up, "So, you will drive all the way to get big mac and go to my place to eat with me, huh?"

I nodded my head and said truly, "Of course."

I felt she slapped my upper arm and said with a smiley tone, "You're such a dork."

I smiled as I glance at her, "Just for you, sis." And I scrunched my face and back to the windshield when I saw her dipped the French fries to the sundae and I warned, "But, no for disgusting fries."

We eventually reached Summer's home after our precious journey from the studio back to her place. Our parents were talking in the living as we joined them for about an hour, and we decided back to Summer's room knowing they might continue their adult talks.

Summer lazily pushed the door open as she simply put her luggage aside and dropped herself on her queen size bed. I gently shut the door as I took a seat on her love seat instead joined her because I remembered the rules of her bed.

"Get your ass over here..." somehow this was not what I expected the words came out from her mouth.

"But, you hate people lay on your bed without a shower," I reminded.

"Fuck that! Get your ass over here, Charli. Don't make me repeat that again." She said in the hint of annoyance.

"Okay," I said as I walked toward her bed and laid next to her.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I heard the voice of sniffled. I pushed myself up as I turned her to face me. I was shocked to see her green eyes in bloodshot with the streak of tears covered her face.