Chapter Thirteen

"I thought you said no PDA?" I teased because Summer was wrapping her arms around mine firmly while we were walking to the café for our breakfast.

"Best friend can do that," Summer said dryly and added, "Besides, I hate how the boys and girls check you out like a piece of meat."

I laughed and teased her again, "Are you jealous?"

Sumer hummed and said, "Nope, I'm just protecting you."

"Fine," I smiled and shook my head.

"Idiot" she stuck her tongue at me as I opened the door for her to enter. She removed her arms from me and rested them at her back. She walked a few steps ahead before turning back and blew me a kiss, "Thanks, honey."

A shiver sent down my spine whenever she called me the pet name. "You're welcome," I said more to myself because she was already ahead of me a few feet.

"Hi, do you mind if I join your table, gorgeous?" a dark brown short hair boy asked me with a boyish smile.

Summer cleared her throat and said loud and clear enough for both of us to hear, "I do because we're having a date right, honey?" she took my hand and plant a kiss on the back of my hand caught me off guard.

I gasped quietly and smiled like an idiot. On the other hand, Summer stared at the boy more like glared at him and waited for him to excuse himself expectedly.

The boy rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled awkwardly, "Sure, I'm sorry for the interruption. Have a great day, ladies."

A trademark fake smile plastered on her face and she said courteously, "Thank you. Same to you." The boy gave us a nod and left.

"So, are you trying to protect me?" I teased and rested my cheek on my palm and stared at her.

She was cutting her food and hummed, "Yup. Because you trust anyone easily." She stared at me and said dryly, "What if he abducted both of us?"

I folded my arms on the table and scoffed at her, "Still hold your pride huh."

Summer shrugged casually as she held a folk of cut pancake to my lips and said, "You talk too much, honey." I chuckled as I parted my lips for her to feed me.

She almost fed half of my pancake and I was getting embarrassing. I took my silverware was ready to eat but stopped by her, "Can you just enjoy the moment?"

I stared at her in confuse and she smiled at me, "We are having a date"

I whispered at her, "I'd love to but I feel embarrassed because you treat me like a baby."

She laughed and said, "This is the sign of love, nothing wrong." Again she fed me as I just enjoyed being pampered by her.

Summer was getting cheesy day by day and I was smiling like an idiot all the time whenever she showered me with her sweet gesture. We were on the way to the second stop of our date which would be a mall.

She was singing out loud as usual while I was driving, but this time was slightly different. The choice of her songs was romance instead of her weird R&B songs.

Most of the time I was laughing at her instead of admiring her singing because her facial expression was overdramatic whenever she sang the lyrics with the emotional part.

Suppose the lover would be touched by her, but she was more like a comedian for me.

"I could make you happy
Make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends
Of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love
To make you feel my love"