Chapter Eleven

"So, we're having something in common." Matt raised the cup of dark coffee with a typical wide smile flashing his perfect teeth.

I chuckled "It's a typical drink that most people love to drink." I gave him a light shrug and sipped my hot black coffee with my eyes close a moment to whiff the smell of great coffee.

"You're quiet." I almost rolled my eyes at him after I heard what he said to me.

What else do you wanna me to talk about?

He should know I was not as chatty as him. I was still able to be polite and smiled at him, "I'm just listening right now." he laughed as I remained my fake smile.

We had spent close to an hour at this coffee shop, most of the time he was the one talking and shared about the journey of his life as a motivator for sharing a preach.

On the other hand, Douglas was much better than him at least. He would take a break for me and never commented that I was quiet. He was a nice guy, yet I have no feelings for him.

********

"What movie are we going to watch?" Matt asked

I hummed, "Mission Impossible?"

"What about The Longest Ride?" he suggested with a gentle smile. Great taste...

Perhaps he was just being thoughtful for me, so I asked, "Are you sure about that?" I stated, "It's a romance movie."

He gave me a light chuckled, "I love romance shows. So, The Longest Ride it is." With that, he bought two large popcorn and sodas for us and entered the hall.

I was regret to agree watched romance movies with him because when came to romance I always end up crying when came to the plot twist or the storm part of the romance.

I swallowed down my knot and my eyes were pricking with tears. I was hoping Matt didn't see me cry pathetically in the dark. Somehow, I was surprised he handed me a tissue and I just realize my face already dampened. Oh darn!

I quickly took the tissue from him and dapped around my face to clean up my mess. I felt a big and rough hand gently pressed the side of my head to lean on his tough shoulder.

"I'm fine," I said in a small voice with my horrible crack voice and tried to remove my head from him as he gently shushed me and patted my head.

"That movie is great," Matt beamed as he was slicing the steak. I actually was no appetite for our dinner after Matt practically fed me a few rounds of our dessert stops. We already ate ice creams, waffles, and Frappucino after the movie.

We just ate left than an hour ago before we were here. I told him that I was full, but he insists order a steak, chicken chop, and a bowl of salad for us. I accidentally burped when I saw a folk of steak near my lips.

I swear no one was so horrible as me.

I felt heat rush to my face and I saw him seem didn't stifle his laugher nor laughed right on my face. He remained his typical smile and waiting for me to eat the steak.

"Pardon me," I finally said as the heat was burning on my face. "Hey, it's okay." He said as he tilted his head to indicate the folk of steak and said, "The steak is delicious, you should try."

I ate the steak and I moaned when the tasty steak reached my tastebud, "It's really great." I said truly and he grinned and seem like happy I enjoyed the food and said, "I'm sure you'll like it." He gently pushed a small plate of sliced steak and chicken chop toward me and said, "Here, eat these."