Chapter Six

"Your forearm bone is fractured. I have put the cast and arm sling for you to recover." The doctor in the early 50 said in monotone like this was too common for him as he was pointing the X-Ray of my forearm.

Somehow, that was new for me. I cringe when I saw it displayed the slightly cracked bone, Summer seems full of concentration in listening, and I just let the doctor continues his theory. "It needs to take four to six weeks to recover."

I nodded my head and expecting he could finish as soon as possible. "You need to come back for a check-up on the 4th week. If there have nothing serious, you do not need to do the surgery."

"Thanks, I mumbled." after the doctor's long-winded conclusion, Summer and I left the room and went to the pharmacy station for taking medicine.

I gasped internally "Shit!" I cursed under my breath when I paid the fees while Summer was taking the medic.

Summer was too panic as she sent us to the nearest private hospital, yet we didn't expect this was one of the expensive hospitals in town and the fees were expensive as hell too.

With no other option, I paid by cash instead of credit card to not letting my parents worry. I knew they might freak out if they knew about this. Also, I had to cut my cost for spending this month. I sighed silently as I took the bill and was ready to put it into my purse with my only free hand.

Before I could put it into my purse, I saw Summer's slender hands snatched the bill and purse away from me as she gasped sharply, "Jesus! That's pricey!"     

"Hell yeah," I said as I saw Summer was busy made my notes in the purse in order after she put the bill into it. That was her habit prefer all notes in the purse put in order.

"I have to save up my money. So, no TGIF for this month." I said

I chuckled when I saw Summer was making the cards in order as she nodded her head and said, "Fine by me, I need to diet though. We could eat salad or oat in this month."

"Okay, we're still not that bad. We could have Big Mac in every weekend." I smiled.

Summer seems happy with her well organized of my purse as she gladly handed it back to me and smiled, "You're right."

*********

"You're not titanium, Charli. At least you should yell at me 'watch out!'" Summer nagged since we started leaving from the hospital until here, yet she still hasn't finished her ramble.

"I freak out and I didn't have much time to react when I saw the furniture would knock on you." I laughed lightly.

She glared at me and groaned, "You should be aware of yourself before protecting someone."

I nodded my head and said softly, "Okay, I'm sorry."

Summer rolled her eyes and groaned again, "No, don't apologize to me. I'm still guilted about it. I'm the one who causes you to get injured and look at you." She sighed and indicated my arm with a cast.

"Doctor said I'll get recovered about 4 to 6 weeks. Don't worry, okay." I reassured her with my free hand gently squeezed her shoulder.

She sighed as she faced me and said, "Next time take care of yourself before me."

I nodded my head and smiled at her, "Yes, sis." She started pressing the passcode to unlock the door as we entered our studio. 

She made a long sighed while she plopped on the couch. I could tell she was tired after her panic, driving, and worries. I left her rest on the couch alone as I took my fresh clothes and head to the bathroom to shower.