Chapter Five

Charli's POV

Back to present

Greenday's Boulevard of Broken Dreams was playing on the radio, full plus air conditioner in the ride of hot and burning weather.

"Your taste of song, seriously?" said the person whose temper was as hot as the weather. I heard Summer snorted and asked dully, "Won't you get sleepy whenever you're listening to this kind of song?" 

I smiled and said, "I'm good. I like Greenday, I feel relax whenever I'm listening to their song." I keep focusing on the road to drive as I joked, "Or you would like to listen to Linkin Park instead?"

"No! Noisy as hell!" I laughed by knowing that would be Summer's reaction. I simply pressed the button to switch another song for her, and I could see her sang out loud happily along with the lyrics in the corner of my eyes, "I stay out too late, got nothin' in my brain"

I chuckled with shook my head, "Suit you well."

After half of the journey to our new place for staying, also had been listening to Taylor's and Britney's songs for Summer's sake. "Let's grab some food from the drive-thru," I said as I pulled over the McD drive-thru and made ordered, "Two set Big Mac, large size."

"How could you be sure I will order big mac?" Summer asked while I was making payment to the cashier.

I stared at her and said, "By my six sense." She snorted as I chuckled at her.

We have still overjoyed with our day one freedom from parental control. The place we were going to stay was about an hour away driving distance from our house, and we were already half of our journey. We decided to take my car which was gifted by my dad during my birthday which was a silver color Ford SUV.  

I felt something poked my lips as I smiled to take a sip of my drink. Summer took away the drinks, and next, I pressed my lips as I tilted my head aside when I felt something cold poke on my lips and used one of my hands to held Summer's hand and said, "No. That's disgusting. I'm not gonna eat it."

Summer was laughing exaggeratedly as she linked my hand and said, "Come on try it! Fries with ice cream is fucking great!"

I shook my head and said firmly, "No." I flinched when I felt the cold thing touched my face as I exclaimed, "What the-" she already shoved the disgusting fries into my mouth as I gagged in disgust. I simply chew and swallowed down forcefully. I made a long exhale from my nose as I continue to stay focus on the road to drive.

"Is it nice?" I could hear Summer asked with a hint of a smile as I remained silent. 

"Awww, my bestie is grumpy now." I felt she cooed me with her hand gently cupped my chin as I didn't respond. I felt she gently wipe something on my face with a soap smell by knowing it was a wet tissue. I knew she would never give up, she gently pokes my face with her finger as I asked curtly, "What?"

"Is it fries with sundae really that disgusting?" she asked as I could picture her grin which was lovely yet wanted to wipe it off.

"Is it pickles really that disgusting?" I retorted.

Whenever Summer was in a good mood she did enjoy run under my skin. I rolled my eyes when I heard she burst out laughing and said, "Chill! Are you having a period?" I didn't respond again as I heard she giggled, "I'm right, you're having a period!"

"Shut up," I mumbled.

After another half an hour of being teased and annoyed by my favorite blonde, we finally reached our studio. I pulled over my car to the lobby for us to load our stuff from my trunk before I parked my car in the parking lot.