CHAPTER 38

Harry

I watched Carli's chest move up and down slowly, her body laying on the couch. It had been several hours that she had been laying there, how long should I let her sleep? I was a nervous wreck just sitting here. Memories were taking over my mind and how much I pushed them out, they found their way back in. The beach house had the same decorations since I had last been here, dust everywhere telling everyone that the house had been vacant for some time. 

I got up slowly, my feet carrying me to the bathroom. A shower would call my nerves, right? 

I turned up the heat, letting the water soak my hair and fall down my aching body. I rubbed my tired face and sighed. I grabbed my body wash and began the process of cleaning myself. After I was finished, I dried off and wrapped a towel around my waist. Walking to the master bedroom, I slipped on tight black boxers and my tight jeans. A white shirt covered my tattooed chest, the sleeves rolled up slightly. My curls were hidden behind a blue beanie and my fingers dressed with my rings. I put on my cross necklace and peered outside at the eerie calm beach.

My heart speed up and I let out a yell. "CARLI!"

Carli was knee deep in water and my heart was about to beat out of my chest. I ran as fast as I could out of the house and down to the beach. Carli looked back at me and smiled not knowing what she was doing. "Get out of the water." I demanded.

Carli looked confused and opened her mouth to protest. "Just do it! Get out now!"

Carli swallowed and slowly got out of the water, her dry dress falling to the ground. "Harry I didn't do-"

"Listen to me. You can't go into this water do you understand!? You have to stay in my sight at all times." I knew I was being rude and crazy, only if she knew what these waters did. Carli's bottom lip trembled as she looked down at the sand. I took a deep breath and reached for her, my hand softly rubbing her cheek.

"I didn't do anything." 

"I know, I know princess. How about we go shopping yeah? We need groceries and we can see the sights." I suggested, trying to cheer her up. Carli looked up at me, a spark igniting in her eyes.

"Pictures? Can I be your model?"

"Of course." I chuckled, planting a kiss to her temple. "Go get your shoes on."

Carli nodded and walked up to the house, leaving me alone. I looked back at me, staring at the spot that held so much heart break to me. The waves were soft, making it seem like the ocean was not a killing machine. I kicked some sand into it, thinking that would hurt it. I shook my head at my foolishness and pulled out my pack of cigarettes. I placed one in between my lips and lit it, taking a long drag. I let the smoke burn my lungs before I breathed out, my breathing slowing down as I smoked. I turned back and watched Carli reemerge from the house. She had her flip flops on and her hair was messy from the wind. I loved it that way, so I didn't help her change it. I slipped on my sandals and slipped my wallet in the back of my jeans. I cradled Carli's hand in mine as I walked to my car. I helped her inside and got in myself, rolling down the windows so that we could smell the salty air. Carli's hand went out of the window as I drove, giggles falling out of her mouth as she entertained herself. 

Carli looked over at me and smiled. "Did you get your camera?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. I did. It's in the back." Carli smiled and reached back, grabbing my camera in her hands. It was a nice Nixon one and I had bought it just for this trip- knowing Carli would enjoy it. She opened the lens and held it up to her face, taking a picture of me driving.