CHAPTER 17

Carli

Over the next few days, I slowly got a horrible cold. Much to my disappointment Harry didn't even call and ask to see if I made it home okay or if I was not in pain. Maybe he didn't even care. No maybes, it was truly the truth he didn't care. Much to my dismay, I had college today and then I had to work until late in the evening. 

I got up early and took a hot shower. Thankfully I didn't look so bad today, still, I felt horrible. I coughed hard and walked to my room to change. I changed into a white loose tank top, ripped jeans and my favorite green army jacket. I left my hair messy and slipped on boots. I grabbed all my supplies I would need for school and put it all in my backpack. I grabbed the canvas I was working on and walked outside. I locked my apartment and began to make my journey to school. Zayn and Niall stayed over all day any night until I was well enough to do everything on my own, which was only last night. I hoped they would stay for another day, but Zayn had to work and I felt bad for keeping Niall this long. The air was chilly, making my bones ache even more. 

My nose was plugged and red from all the blowing I have done, my voice was nasal, every inch of my body was aching, I couldn't hear well and I had a horrible cough. But isn't it what you get for staying out in the freezing cold for hours? I sneezed and apologized to the rude looking man that sent me a glare. 

"Sorry."

He scoffed and moved away. I looked down and went inside the college, thanking mentally for the warmth that it brought. I looked at the clock and I was hurt to see that I was late. Today was Monday and I had only had three classes today. Painting, Sculpting and Sketch. I was glad that my first class of the day started with Professor Tipton and wondered if he had heard anything of me being absent for a week. I walked into the class and saw that Professor Titpon was in front of the class instructing something. He looked at me and sent me a warm smile, me sending one back. I gripped my backpack string tightly as I walked back to my desk. Even though I didn't want to, I looked back at him.  His head was bowed and he was sketching on a torn piece of paper. He quickly looked up, his eyes landing on me. I didn't smile nor did I say anything. I merely looked away and turned my back to him. Zayn had set up my supplies and I sent him a soft smile to thank him for his kindness. 

"Welcome." He said, smiling back. "How are you feeling?"

"Oh.." I sighed, coughing at the end. "I feel absolutely horrible. I wanted to stay home for another week but thought it was best to not skip that much of school and work."

HARRY'S P.O.V

I sketched on the piece of paper, completely ignoring Professor Tipton. He was a boring old man and needed to retire to put all of us out of misery. The front door opened and footsteps came closer. I looked up and my eyes fell on Carli, sitting down in her seat. Her head turned towards me, our eyes meeting. She looked sick, really sick and all the regret I felt over the week that she was gone hit me even harder. I had no idea that it would effect her this way, I thought she would get a ride from someone. Not walk home in the freezing cold. But what did I expect? 

I left her in the freezing cold for something utterly stupid. I had now ruined all the chances of her trusting me, they were nowhere in sight. Now I had no idea what to do, should I say sorry?

No, that's not enough. 

I huffed and slammed my palm against the desk, making the whole class stop and stare at me. "What." I snapped. Carli didn't even look at me, but Zayn did. His eyes were filled with hate, anger and the thing that I expected him to have towards me were completely gone. He wasn't scared of me anymore, but why? I studied her, my eyes watching her every move.