CHAPTER 1

"I have the same schedule as you." Zayn said as he got up and packed up his bag. I looked up from my schedule and sent him a small smile. I wasn't the best at talking to people, knowing that my words sometimes never connect with my thoughts.

"Really?" I asked, squinting my eyes slightly as I watched the outside surroundings pass us without a glance.

"Yeah, cool huh?" I nodded. I looked down at my schedule and glanced over it one more time. Mondays and Fridays- painting, sculpting and sketch. Tuesdays I only have College Intro to Art, making Wednesday's and Thursday's the only days I had no class. I neatly folded the piece of paper and put it into one of the many pockets of my backpack. I zipped it back up, making sure that nothing fell out in the process

"I on the other hand aren't taking sculpting. Something about people's bodies throw me off. I looked at him, giggling softly. I understood what he was saying, sculpting wasn't for everyone. I enjoyed it, knowing it was one way to relieve the stress I had endured that day. I was glad classes started tomorrow, I didn't want to wait any longer. Zayn pulled his jacket on and swung his backpack over his shoulder. His hair remained in place and I wondered how much gel it took to make it look the way it did. We slowly walked down the long corridor that lead to the steel doors, opening up to New York. My boots squeaked against the freshly glazed tile floor.

"You have the day off, yes?" Zayn asked as he raised his eyebrows at me. I looked sideways at him, wondering what he was getting to. I slightly nodded my head, pulling some of my brown hair behind my ear. I was semi-glad that I was hitting it off with Zayn so easily, he made me feel comfortable around him. In high school I wasn't the one who cold walk up to someone who I didn't know and automatically find interests with them. It seemed as though no one liked the things I did, I was a loser while they were shining stars. There are some people who were popular, they had everything going for them. Good grades, several friends, and to add they could pull off every fashion trend that was relevant. I on the other hand had none of those, except good grades. But mostly because I stayed up in the wee hours of the morning just to complete something. Not procrastination, I would just want to turn it in even earlier than the due date.

I half listened to Zayn talk about the college and how classes went, softly thanking him as he opened the door for me. The cold wind rippled through my body, making goose feathers appear. It made it easier to listen to him, his accent making him even more interesting. In the small town I grew up in accents were nonexistent.

The music of rain droplets filled my ears as we made our way outside, the temperature feeling as though we were in Antarctica. "Do you have plans for the rest of the day?"

I looked sideways at him and went through my to-do list for today. I could push them off for awhile. "No, why?"

Zayn slowly smiled. "Do you want to get a cup of coffee with me?"

"How could I ever turn that down?" I jokingly said, sending him a playful smile.

Zayn stuck out his bottom lip. "Ouch, thought I was good company and that's why you agreed."

I gently hit him with my elbow and giggled. "Oh I was just messing with you."

"I know." Zayn smiled once again. "Come on, I have a place I want to show you. I promise they are way better than anything you've ever tasted."

"Even Starbucks?" I let out a fake gasp, my face pulling together.

"You're a smart one, you know that right?"

"Sorry." I shrugged, smiling.

"Oh just shut your trap and follow me." Zayn led me down the street, slowly stopping in front of the coffee shop. The bold words on the window reminded me of an article that was about the shop I read in a high end magazine; La Colombe.