IX

I walked through the Normandy, I had found myself in the mess hall, I sat on the counter as I saw Liara walk past and go into her room. She glanced over at me, I saw a hint of anger in her eyes before she disappeared into her room, 'strange...I thought she liked me. She was so nice when we first met I thought as Tali walked past and stopped when she saw me. "Are you all right Y/n?" she asked as I looked at her and smiled. "Yeah, I'm good, Garrus is sleeping and I grew bored. I was exploring the commander's cabin and grew bored" I spoke as she cocked her head to the side, "it's a good thing he's sleeping, he's not slept since Sheppard" she told me as I grew quiet, "what was she like?" I asked as she looked at me, she let out a sigh and sat on the counter across from me. "She was like the sister I never had. Kind, loving, and gentle." she explained as I stared at her, "she had short red hair, bright green eyes that grew brighter when she talked of Garrus, and strange marks across her face." she explained as I cocked my head, "you mean freckles?" I asked as she chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, she said they were freckles whenever we asked her about it..." she spoke as I chuckled, I looked at the time, yawned, stretched, and slid off the counter. "I'm gonna head back to Garrus, getting a little sleepy. I'll see you later Tali" I waved at her, walked over into the elevator, pushed the button to go up to the captain's quarters. Once at the quarters, I walked out of the elevator, walked into the room, saw Garrus was still fast asleep, I smiled to myself, climbed into the bed, and snuggled up to him.

He groaned in his sleep slightly, wrapped his arm around me, and held me close to him. I smiled to myself and fell fast asleep. I woke up a few hours later to an empty bed. I sat up, stretched, looked around, and saw Garrus was not there. 'Where did he wander off to?' I cocked my head as I got out of bed and walked over to where the desk is and saw he wasn't there either. I then saw a note on the desk.

Headed down to the main battery to do some calibrations, feel free to explore the Normandy, and talk with the crew, or you can come down and keep me company if you want to.-Garrus

I placed the note back on the desk, grabbed some of my clothes, walked into the bathroom, and changed.

Once I changed, I walked into the elevator,  took the elevator down to the mess hall, walked through the mess hall, and into the main battery

Once I changed, I walked into the elevator,  took the elevator down to the mess hall, walked through the mess hall, and into the main battery. His back was turned to me, "did you need something Y/n?" he asked without looking at me, "how'd you...never mind, I need to remember who I was talking to" I chuckled as he chuckled softly. "I don't need anything, I'm just bored and was looking for you," I told him as he turned and looked at me. "I see, have you met everyone else?" he asked as I nodded, "even Grunt?" he asked as I cocked my head, "he's a Krogan...Shepard uh...birthed him," he told me as I raised an eyebrow, "she what?" I asked as he chuckled, "I know that's a strange way of saying that he's tank bred." he told me, "oh cool" I smiled as I stood beside him, "so, when are we getting to Palaven?" I asked as I watched him do his calibrations, "in a few days. Why?" he asked without looking at me, "I'm just wondering, just like I'm wondering why you're in here doing calibrations and not mingling with your friends who wanted you so desperately to be on the Normandy" I told him as he grew quiet. 

"Shepard's last wish was for me to become the commander of the Normandy, many people in the Alliance military were against it since apparently, it's a human frigate, but Hackett stood for it, and as you well know, Hackett's word means a lot to some people, once he told them that I deserve the ship, it was given to me. But, I don't want it. I get that she wanted me to have it...but, it's her ship. Commanding it just...", "feels wrong" I spoke as he nodded, he opened his mouth to say something when Joker cut him off over the coms. "Garrus, you better get up here to hear this" Joker spoke as I arched an eyebrow, "every time I'm in the middle of something" Garrus mumbled as we walked to the elevator, got in, went to the C.I.C (it's either Combat Interface Center or it's Combat Information Center. I don't remember which) we then waled onto the bridge where Joker and EDI were, "what is it?" Garrus asked, "EDI picked something up on the long-range scanners, sounds like a distress signal" Joker spoke as Garrus nodded to EDI who played the transmission. "This is the Novarra, we're under attack by unknown enemies and need immediate assistance!" the transmission spoke as we all looked at Garrus, I could tell he was thinking, "all right, Joker, take us in, we've got to help these people" he spoke as Joker smiled a little, "aye, aye commander Vakarian" Joker spoke as Garrus walked off, I followed him, "let me help" I spoke as he looked at me, "what?", "you taught me how to use guns, let me help." I spoke as he stared at me, "all right, but if things go sideways, and something really bad happens to you, I won't allow you to come on a mission with me again. I've lost Shepard, I don't want to lose you too" he spoke as he placed his forehead against mine, "You won't lose me Vakarian" I whispered while smiling.