XI

~Two weeks later~

I ran behind some cover as Cerberus troops shot at Javik, Vega and I. They had declared war on the everyone in the Galaxy and it was up to us on the Normandy to stop it, we still hadn't found Leng, Y/n or the Illusive Man, right now we were trying to take out this Cerberus outpost. I shot a concussive round at one of the troops which Javik then followed with a slam. One of the many things he was good at. Once all the troops were killed we came out from behind our cover. When we saw a woman approaching us, we knew it was a woman due to the body shape, she had long hair that flowed in the wind and wore a mask, she held up an orb, the orb floated and then turned into the Illusive Man, "how?" I simply asked, "we had the technology to bring Shepard back and to clone her, you really think we wouldn't make backups of ourselves?", "where's Y/n?" I asked again, "she's...busy" he spoke, "where's Leng? We still have unfinished business with him" Vega spoke as Illusive Man looked at him, "Leng was expendable. I only needed him to train her...once her training was complete, she took his place. She's perfect" he spoke, as the woman stood there silently, "give us Y/n back!" I shouted, he just smirked and disappeared. The woman grabbed the ball when it floated to her, she put her fingers up to her ear, and then nodded silently. That's when she started attacking us. 

~A few minutes later~

I had managed to knock her mask off, she glared at me and I froze. "Y/n?" I asked as she stared at me, "who the hell is Y/n?" she asked as I blinked a few times, (Steve: Bucky?! Bucky: Who the hell is Bucky?.......sorry, that was the first thing that came to my mind when writing this part), she looked at me and then looked at our friends before running off, she jumped off the landing pad, we ran over to the edge and saw her standing on top of a Cerberus shuttle. She stared at me as it took off. The rest of us got back to the Normandy, "someone mind telling me why the fuck Y/n was just attacking us?" Vega spoke, "I don't know," I spoke as we walked into the War Room where everyone else was, "she did not recognize us, perhaps Cerberus is controlling her mind. In my cycle, we had many people trying to do that to us" Javik spoke, "what did you do to them?" Liara asked, "we killed them and ate their liver and kidneys..." he spoke as we stared at him, "we're not eating anyone from Cerberus, we might contract their evilness" Joker spoke, "can we please focus?" I asked as they looked at me, I let out a sigh, "Y/n is fighting with Cerberus now, there's no way we can find her, but something tells me that she's going to find us again real soon" I said as I rubbed the sides of my head, "I have a headache, I'm gonna go to my cabin, file this report to Hackett and then get some shut eye. I suggest you all do the same...dismissed" I spoke as I walked off, headed to my cabin. 

When I walked in, there was someone sitting on my bed, someone I did not expect to see, I aimed my gun at her. She looked at the photo of Shepard and I on Christmas and then looked at the photo of Y/n and I on her birthday. "You can lower your gun" she spoke calmly, "how do I know you're not going to try and kill me?" I asked not lowering my gun as she continued to look around the cabin, "because if I was trying to kill you, I'd have waited until you were asleep" she spoke looking at me with her cold eyes. I blinked a few times, "forgive me if you don't really inspire that feeling of trust like you used to" I growled at her slightly as she stared at me blankly, "so it's true, he did lie to me" she spoke looking away, he hands tucked in her jean pockets, "who did?" I asked cocking my head slightly, "Illusive Man..." she simply said as I lowered my gun slightly, "he doesn't know you're here does he?" she shook her head no, "how'd you even get on the Normandy?" I asked, "the pilot let me on" she simply said as I sighed. "Of course Joker did" I whispered to myself.

~Your pov~

I stared at the Turian, "what are you doing here?" he asked tossing his gun onto the couch that was in the cabin, "after our little dance on the planet...I asked the Illusive Man who you were...he told me that you used to work with a woman, nothing else. I asked if I had known you in the past since you know that name...that name I have heard in my dreams many times before, he told me that you and I had never met before" I told him as he stared at me, "you're name is Y/n" he spoke as I shook my head, "my name is Artemis" I spoke as he stared at me and then chuckled, "no. You're Y/n L/n, you're the granddaughter of Admiral Hackett of the Alliance Military, you were born on Earth, we met when you were lost trying to find your apartment, you're my neighbor and my girlfriend" he told me as I stared at him. "Relationships only hold you back, if you have a relationship, you falter, if you falter, you die" I told him as he stared at me, "what did they do to you?", "they saved me, before Cerberus, I was a wimp, a pussy, now...I'm a stone cold killer...I don't hesitate, my overcharged biotic amp allows me to push my limits to the max, and not get hurt by it" I told him as he stared at me, "you're worse than Jack was" he whispered, "I'm better than Subject Zero, better than your Asari friend, better than Miranda, better than Shepard was" I spoke as I saw a flash of rage in his eyes. He lunged towards me, grabbed me by the throat and pinned me to the fish tank while squeezing.