XIII

Once in the War Room, he explained everything to everyone including grandpa, "Y/n, where are they keeping her?" grandpa asked as I grew quiet trying to remember, "I had only been there once...it's where they took me whenever they gave me the implants and tortured me to turn me into the perfect soldier...it was Diatera in the Terminus Systems" I spoke, Garrus looked at Hackett who only nodded. 

~A year later~

I had just gotten home from Therapy, "I'm home!" I told my pet Varren named Vopius, my therapist had suggested I get a pet to help cope with what Cerberus did to me, Shepard and Garrus moved in together, I was the one who ended things with Garrus since he had Shepard back, I was very upset with the fact that I had to end things with him, but it was better this way, Shepard was kinda scary. My Varren ran out the door as it opened, "no! Come back!" I shouted as I chased after him, he ran into Shepard and Garrus' apartment where he started playing with another Varren "Vopius, you can't just run off like that boy...you could get hurt" I told my Varren as I scratched him, "seems like they're good friends" spoke a woman who was covered in tattoos, "yeah, I'm sorry about that..." I told her as she looked at our varren's playing, "I'm Jack, I worked with Shepard and Garrus for a while" she told me, "Y/n...and...same..." I spoke as she stared at me, "I know that look" she spoke as I cocked my head to the side, "what'd they do to you?" she asked as I blinked a few times and then sighed, "turned me into a psychotic biotic bitch...a killing machine...I'm supposedly supposed to be better than someone named Subject Zero..." I told her as she stared at me, "we'll have to test that one day" she spoke as I arched an eyebrow, "I'm Subject Zero" she told me, "you went through the same shit I did...only you were much older, I was a kid" she told me, "great times" I joked as she chuckled, "yeah" she nodded as we watched our varrens.

"If you two are gonna fight, take it to the Armax Arena I don't have enough money to replace my stuff" Shepard spoke as she walked down some steps, Garrus right behind her, "Commander...Garrus" I spoke as Garrus stared at me and Shepard smiled, "was wondering when you were going to come visit" she spoke, "been busy with work and therapy..." I told her as I refused to look at Garrus, "well what are you doing next week?" she asked, "I'm going to Earth to visit with my family" I lied, I was actually going to stay home, "oh, well...we'll do something whenever you get back" she spoke as I smiled and then left with my Varren.

~Garrus' pov~

We watched as she left, "so...why didn't you say something to her?" Jack asked me as I looked at them, "she won't even look at me. How am I supposed to talk to her if she won't even look at me?" I asked as Shepard chuckled, "I got this Vakarian, don't worry, I'll make sure that she understands that we're not together anymore and I'm not mad about it. I mean, where's she think I'm gonna be when I leave for the Normandy and give you the apartment?" she asked as I shrugged, "and you're sure you're not upset?" I asked as she nodded, "I told you to move on, find someone else to make you happy, love someone else...and you did. I'm not mad, I understand...besides, I may love you...but I love being in my ship more" she told me as I smiled at her, "when she comes back from visiting her family, I'll take her out to lunch, and explain everything to her" Shepard told me, "but...what if she doesn't come back from Earth?" I asked as Jack and her Varren Eezo left. "Then, I'll call up Hackett on vid com and ask to speak with her. Either way, she's going to know" she told me as she patted my arm and walked off. 'That's the thing, Y/n is about as stubborn as you are Commander...she'll do anything to keep away from us because she believes we're still together when we're not' I mentally sighed as the front door closed, I sat down on the couch and stared the TV. 'One way or another, Y/n will find out that we're not together and she'll find out that I still want her, I'll always want her in my life...I...I want to marry her, I don't even know if human marriage would be the same thing as Turian marriage' I mentally spoke, "hey Shepard!", "yeah?!" she yelled from upstairs, "is human marriage the same as Turian?" I asked, "Why?" she asked, "because I was thinking about Y/n" that was all I needed to say before she raced down the steps and sat beside me. "Go on" she urged as I chuckled.