XVII

After we bought some new clothes we met up with the men at the Shepard statue, she stared at it, "huh, they made my chest completely wrong" she joked as I laughed, "I think it's perfectly fine" Kaiden spoke as he kissed her cheek, "have fun?" Garrus asked as he held me close to him, that's when I saw the man from the bar walking towards us with C-Sec, "that's her, officer, she tried to kill me last night" he spoke, "Oh hell, here we go" I groaned as the turian walked up to me, "Ma'am, do you know this man?" he asked as I sighed, "yes officer, I met him last night, he was talking to me like I was a piece of meat and not a woman" I told him as the Turian saw the mark on my neck and then blinked a few times, "you're mated to a Turian?", "Yeah, me" Garrus spoke a the Turians eyes grew wide. "Vakarian" he spoke and then he chuckled. "Good to see you too Manirius, been a long time" Garrus spoke as I looked at him, "Manirius and I used to work on a few cases together back in my C-Sec days," Garrus told me, "she's your mate...isn't that something, always thought you'd have gone for an Asari" Manirius joked as Garrus rolled his eyes, "just because I wasn't as hard as I was on women as I was on men doesn't mean I wanted to mate with them" Garrus spoke as I arched an eyebrow, "I know what that look means Y/n...dirty-minded" he hooked his head as I giggled. 

"So, what all happened last night between these two?" Manirius asked Garrus, "it's as Y/n said, Y/n and I met up at the bar last night, while she was getting a drink, he comes up and starts talking to her like she's not a woman but a piece of meat to be passed around, she did what I half expected her to do and defended herself before something bad happened" Garrus explained, "I see, sorry for the inconvenience ma'am..." Manirius spoke before walking off and talking to the man. "C-Sec huh? Don't think you really told me about when you worked here" I said as he sighed, "it was around the time I met Shepard and Kaiden" he told me as we headed back to our apartment. 

~A few hours later~ 

I was in the shower when I heard the bathroom door open, "I'm gonna head over to Shepard and Kaiden's place real fast, see if they need anything else for the party" he spoke, "all right, stay safe, come back soon, love you...all that stuff" I spoke washing the shampoo from my hair, he chuckled, "I love you too Y/n" he spoke as the door closed. After my shower, I dried off, got dressed, and then played with my Varren for a bit. 

The front door opened, "Hey, you ready to head over to Shepard's for the party?" Garrus asked as I smiled at him, "yeah" I nodded as his mandibles flicked meaning he was smiling, "this is going to be great!" he spoke as we left our apartment and w...

The front door opened, "Hey, you ready to head over to Shepard's for the party?" Garrus asked as I smiled at him, "yeah" I nodded as his mandibles flicked meaning he was smiling, "this is going to be great!" he spoke as we left our apartment and walked down the hallway, Shepard opened the door and I could see a bunch of their friends was already there, along with my grandparents being there which was a little odd. I cocked my head, "grandma, grandpa?" I asked walking up to them, "Y/n!" my grandmother spoke as they hugged me, "what are you two doing here?" I asked as grandpa smiled. "Shepard invited us" he simply said, "makes sense since she worked for you," I said as he chuckled, "Vakarian, wonderful to see you again" he spoke as Garrus walked up, "admiral, Mrs. Hackett" Garrus spoke as they smiled, "can I steal your granddaughter away for a bit? I have some people I'd like her to meet" he spoke, "she's all yours" grandpa spoke with a wink before Garrus pulled me away to two Turians I had never met before. "Y/n, this is my sister Solana, and my father Castis" he spoke as I blinked a few times, "hello" I meekly said as Garrus and Solana chuckled, "They won't bite Y/n" he spoke as Solana stared at me, "Garrus spoke about you a lot in his messages. It's nice to finally put a face with the name" Solana spoke, "I'm glad my son has finally found someone that makes him happy and will hopefully keep him out of trouble" Castis spoke as I smiled, "I'll try to keep him out of trouble sir" I joked as we all laughed. "Y/n! There you are!" Tali spoke as she grabbed my hand.

"Excuse me," I said chuckling a little before she pulled me away, "what's up girly?" I asked,d "I need your opinion on something" she started as I cocked my head to the side slightly, "so, my date is a Turian named Manirius" she started, "he worked with Garrus which is one of the reasons I asked him to come with me to the party...however, when he and I were talking just now...he told me that he'd like to take me on a proper date one day" she spoke as I thought for a moment, "okay...so what's the problem?" I asked, "should I do it? I-I don't know, I've never really thought about going on a date with someone. I've been too focused on rebuilding my home with the Geth..." she spoke as she paced slightly, "uhm, shouldn't we also include Shepard into this conversation? She's known you longer than I have" I spoke as she looked at me, "Shepard is too busy making sure the guests are entertained and making sure she has enough drinks and snacks" she told me as I thought for a moment, "I'd say go for it. I mean, what's the worse that could happen...that's a bad thing to say because I know you're at risk of infection just from a kiss...but you get what I mean" I spoke as she grew quiet, "all right, I'll go for it" she spoke as I smiled and wandered off. After a few hours, Garrus had pulled me to the center of the room. 

"I want to thank everyone for coming, especially Admiral Hackett and his wife for taking time to get away from Earth and coming here, along with my sister and father who I'm very thankful for having and thanks to Commander Shepard for helping me set this whole thing up" Garrus spoke as I looked at him confused, "I've been doing some more research on human customs...mainly about some of the things we talked about last night" he started as I blinked a few times, "I uh...still don't know how to say this, it's part of the main reason I was up almost all night last night because I was trying to think of the right words to say to you so you knew just how much you mean to me" he spoke as I blushed slightly, "Turians have a different way of doing this...but I wanted to do it the human way so you knew what exactly it was that I was trying to do" he continued as he got down on one leg, I knew immediately what it was, "so, Y/n L/n..." he started, "will you marry me?" he asked as he pulled out a beautiful ring.

"Yes! I'll marry you!" I exclaimed as his mandibles flicked again meaning he was smiling, he then got up and hugged me tightly

"Yes! I'll marry you!" I exclaimed as his mandibles flicked again meaning he was smiling, he then got up and hugged me tightly. We pulled away from our embrace and he slid the ring on my finger. I then kissed him passionately as everyone clapped. "Welcome to the family Mrs. Vakarian...I assume humans also take the last name of their partners?" he asked as I chuckled and nodded. "If we want to...and I want to," I told him as he chuckled.