XII

"Don't you dare talk about Shepard like you knew her! She made the hard choices so none of us had to! She made it possible for you to be standing here today!" he growled as I tried to kick him off of me, "she's the one who saved your worthless ass life while you were still a child back on Earth!" he growled as my vision started to grow dark, my eyes grew wide as I remembered what Cerberus had done to me, I remembered my memories with Garrus and the crew. "I-I...am n-not...a...r-replace...ment" I struggled to get out as he gasped and let go of me. I dropped to my knees in front of him coughing. "What did you say?" he asked in disbelief, I was still coughing, "I said..." I panted as I got up and looked at him in his blue eyes, "I am not a replacement" I spoke more clearly as he stared at me, "how can I trust that you remember who you are?", "a month after I moved into the apartment, I bothered you for a screwdriver to fix my squeaking chair, when you couldn't find the screwdriver, we went out and bought you a new one and got ice-cream on the way back. That was when I met Wrex, Liara, and Joker" I told him as he stared at me. "Y/n" he whispered, "Garrus" I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me, "oh Y/n...I'm so sorry for what I said, you know I didn't mean it...it's just whenever people insult Shepard like that...I..." he trailed off as I cupped his face, "I'm not mad Garrus" I whispered as I placed my forehead against his, "but there's a problem" I spoke as I clenched my jaw, "what is it?" he cocked his head slightly, "I really missed you and want you to take me right now" I whispered as he chuckled and kissed me passionately.

~Time skip~

We lay in his bed panting, "well, when you said you were gonna lay your claim on me tonight and go for hours...I didn't mean you meant literally for hours...what time even is it?" I asked as he chuckled and looked at the holographic clock beside him, "four"  he spoke, "in the afternoon? In the morning?" I asked as he chuckled slightly, "in space" he spoke as I rolled my eyes, I rolled over onto my side and looked at him. "I can't believe it took me almost killing you for you to remember" he whispered as he caressed my cheek making me smile slightly, 'I'm gonna have to tell him eventually...but for now...let's just enjoy this' I mentally spoke as I kissed him. "You had a whole different name by the way" he spoke as I chuckled, "Artemis" he spoke again as I rolled my eyes, "says you...Archangel" I joked as me gave me a fake hurt look, "I was the good guy...you were the bad guy", "correction...I was being mind controlled by the bad guy" I told him as he chuckled and killed me again, "ready for another round?" he asked as I smirked. "Hell yes" I smiled as I kissed him again. 

~Time skip again~

I jolted awake and looked around, Garrus was sitting in a chair with his back to me, I sighed, sat up, and ran my hand down my face. "You okay?" Garrus asked getting up from his seat and sitting next to me, "just some nightmares from what Cerberus did to me..." I whispered as I looked at him, "you wanna talk about it?" he asked as I looked at my hand and watched as it glowed blue due to my biotic powers that I didn't have before, "no..." I shook my head and lay my head on his shoulder, "what did Shepard do...whenever she had a nightmare?" I asked as he grew quiet, thinking for a moment, "she would go to the shooting range on the Citadel...usually she'd have her nightmares when we were all on leave...but the ones she'd have here on The Normandy resulted in her going down to the shuttle bay and doing laps. Something to take her mind off of it y'know" he spoke as I thought for a moment, "Garrus..." I stared as he hummed, "what would you do if she came back?" I asked, "I don't know to be honest. I love her and I love you...so I'd be torn between you and her" he told me as I remained quiet.

"You're awfully curious about her today aren't you" he spoke, "just trying to learn" I told him as he chuckled and held me. He lays back down while holding me, "I know for a fact, if she were walked through that door right now, she could have her ship back, her crew back, and her cabin back" he spoke as I smiled a little, "Garrus, can I tell you something?" I asked looking up at him, "of course" he nodded as I sat up, "Cerberus brought her back once before right? To fight the Collectors..." I started as he nodded, then he stopped "what do you mean...once before?" he asked as I grew quiet, "I remember small things whenever I worked for Cerberus, most of the things I remember I don't want to remember...but I remember the Illusive man telling me to head to Earth to get something for him...some of Shepard's DNA that was kept on ice in highly classified Alliance base..." I spoke as I climbed out of bed and started pacing. "Y/n, what are you saying?", "I'm saying that I stole some of Shepard's armor that she was wearing when she destroyed the Reapers, it was still soaked in her blood...more than enough DNA to..." I trailed off as he stared at me in shock, "rebuild her" he whispered as I nodded. "They brought her back again" he spoke again, "and the Illusive Man is planning on using her as a type of bargaining chip to get the Alliance to surrender" I told him as he stared at me, "but...lucky for you guys...I know what outpost they're keeping her on" I said as his breathing grew heavier. He threw the blankets off, "get dressed," he told me as he started getting his clothes on and I started doing the same. He walked over to the coms, "EDI, have everyone meet in the War Room, and get Hackett on the line, I think I know of a way to win this war" he spoke as he looked at me and took my hand once I got my shirt on. 

_____________________________________

Not where this was supposed to go...but hey, if you guys like it lemme know-Hoshi