V

I opened my mouth to say something but grandpa walked out, "Hey, we're heading to the park now..." he spoke as we looked at him. "All right. I've gotta go get changed..." I said getting up, I looked over at grandpa who looked between the two of us and then walked inside. Garrus went to say something but I cut him off by kissing him and then I ran inside to get changed. I changed in my room and smiled to myself as I looked at my outfit.

 I changed in my room and smiled to myself as I looked at my outfit

I then joined my grandparents and Garrus in the front room

I then joined my grandparents and Garrus in the front room. We then left for the park which wasn't far from where they lived, I hummed to myself as we walked, and then when we got to the park I was hugged by my cousins. "What's a Turian doing here?" asked grandpa's older brother who he didn't get along with. I stood in front of Garrus and glared at my uncle, "he's with me" I told him as he glared at me. Military was in our blood, grandpa was military along with his older and younger brother. I knew all three of them were apart of the First Contact War, and Jayson still had beef with the Turians. "Jayson, what are you doing here?" grandpa asked as his older brother turned his attention to his brother, they then walked off to talk. I introduced Garrus to everyone that was there and then pushed my youngest cousin on the swing. "We don't have these on Palaven...we have things that are like these...but not these" Garrus spoke as I looked at him, "they're swings..." I told him as he cocked his head to the side, "I'm not explaining swings to you...sit on one" I told him, he sat down on one and copied the actions my cousin was doing with her legs and body. "There ya go" I smiled as I sat down between them and started swinging. Thankfully, I wore leggings. I let out a laugh as the three of us swung and then grandpa walked up. Garrus and I stopped swinging and looked at him. "I'm sorry for my brother Jayson Garrus. He's still upset about losing some friends during the First Contact War" he spoke as Garrus thought for a moment, "it's fine" he spoke as we all looked at him, "I'm not here to cause trouble. Y/n invited me as her friend...and that's all I am. Her friend who is going through a rough time...hence why she invited me" Garrus spoke as I smiled, "I know" grandpa spoke as my little cousin got off the swings and ran off with grandpa.

Garrus and I remained silent as I softly swung. "So...are we gonna talk about that kiss?" he asked breaking the thin layer of silence, "if you want" I looked over at him and he chuckled. "I'm gonna assume that you kissing me was you returning my feelings?" he asked as I thought for a moment, "mhm" I smiled as I nodded and he chuckled. "I'm glad, so does this mean you'll be my girlfriend?" he asked again as I giggled. "Of course...but know this. I am not a replacement for Shepard...and you are to never forget her. Those are my terms and conditions" I told him as he nodded, "I know, and I won't" he said as I smiled. "Good," I smiled as we leaned over and kissed each other. We were walking back to the rest of the group when I looked over at him. "So, since you met my entire family...well most of my family. When is your next family gathering?" I asked him as he looked over at me, "that's a good question...I'll have to ask Solana. My sister" he told me as I smiled. "All right" I spoke as we reached my family.

~A month later~

I was listening to music as I cleaned my apartment, the music was pretty loud and I was singing along with the song so I didn't hear the front door open. I turned around and let out a scream when I saw Garrus leaning against the door frame with an amused look on his face. I turned the music off, "you scared the shit out of me dude!" I exclaimed as I threw my rag at him which he caught with ease. "Sorry. You busy?" he asked as he looked around, "not really...I'm just cleaning. Why? What's up?" I cocked my head to the side, "I was just wondering if you wanted to come with me to the C-Sec shooting gallery. Commander Bailey allows me to use it and I figured that would be a good time to teach you how to use a sniper rifle" he spoke as I thought for a moment, "all right" I smiled as I walked upstairs to change. I changed and then left with him.

We stood in the shooting gallery, I watched as he put together his sniper rifle, and then looked at me

We stood in the shooting gallery, I watched as he put together his sniper rifle, and then looked at me. "You ready?" he asked as I nodded, "all right." we walked into one of the booths and he pulled up the markers (I don't know. The thing you shoot when you're there), "so...I like to shoot on the respiratory pause on the down breath. I take three deep breaths. Once I let all my air out on that last exhale, that 1- to 3-second pause is the money spot where I want to take my shot. So go ahead and lean into the stock, be ready because it's gonna kick back like hell. I haven't finished working on it yet and I wanna see how well it'll handle" he told me, I did as he said, "place your finger on the trigger" he said as I placed my finger on the trigger, he moved my hand a little to help me, "all right, now look down the scope, and figure out where on the target you want to shoot." he whispered, I closed one of my eyes and stared down the scope. I aimed for the head, "remember...take three deep breaths" he spoke as I took a few deep breaths, "obviously you want to have a slow, steady squeeze to the rear until your shot breaks. Certainly don't jerk. But what many don't realize is that follow-through is everything. Once the shot breaks, continue that squeeze to the rear and then release the trigger slowly to the front." he spoke as I followed his orders, there was a loud bang, almost like a broom snapping in half and I looked over at him, he had a pleased look on his face. "Congrats...you're a badass now" he spoke as I chuckled and shook my head. "Let's see if you hit your mark" he spoke as he pressed a button and the marker moved forward.