II

~A month later~

I tied my hair up into a messy bun, "all right chair! You're going down! I will fix you damnit!" I shouted at the chair, I sat on the floor and began to take it apart. I reached for the screwdriver I had and realized it was the wrong one I needed. "Damn you, chair! I don't have a flat head!" I exclaimed as I groaned and got off the floor. 'Maybe Garrus has one...haven't seen him since we first met' I grabbed the screwdriver, left my apartment, walked down the hall, and knocked on the door. It opened and Garrus stood there. "Oh hey, Y/n. Need something?" he asked as I sighed, "you got a Phillips-head screwdriver? My chair has been squeaking for the past month so I'm taking it apart to try and fix it" I told him as he chuckled and nodded. "Let me check if I've got one...come on in" he spoke as he moved aside and I walked in. I looked around. His place looked a lot like mine only the couches were white. I looked at the coffee table and saw a picture of Shepard and him. She wore a Christmas hat and it said "Merry Christmas" at the bottom.

'Cute' I smiled to myself as I stared at the picture, 'they really loved each other

'Cute' I smiled to myself as I stared at the picture, 'they really loved each other...' I could hear some clattering in another room. "Come on...I know I have it..." he mumbled as I walked into the room. What was once a spare bedroom, was now a room so he could build stuff, a sniper rifle lay on a white table thing, and was apart. "If you can't find it...that's fine" I spoke, "no...I know I have one. I've used it once before on the Normandy...right now I'm not even looking for it for you...I'm looking for it for me because I know I have it..." he spoke as he opened another drawer and began to dig around in it. "Wait...Kasumi was here earlier with Tali and EDI...damnit! Kasumi must've stolen it! What could she need a screwdriver for?!" he spoke as I giggled, "who steals a screwdriver?" I asked as he sighed and looked at me. "Kasumi steals whatever she can get her hands-on," he told me as I held in laughter. "Well, wanna come with me to buy us both a flat-head screwdriver?" he asked as I snorted and nodded. "So long as we get ice cream," I said as he chuckled. "Give me a moment to get changed," he spoke as I nodded. He left the room and I walked into the front room again. He soon joined me and we left. We walked around talking, eating some ice cream, and hanging out. We sat on a bench and I stared at his hands. "What?" he asked as he looked at me, "your hands are so weird" I simply said as he laughed and looked at my hands. "Says the one with two extra fingers" he simply said as I giggled. "Before I moved here and met you...I've never met a Turian before...there's a lot about the species here that I just wanna learn about..." I told him as he gave me an amused look.

"I know of a few people that would be willing to help you learn. I know an Asari, a Quarian, and two Krogans" he said as I looked at him, "I also knew a Drell, a Salarian, and a Geth" he spoke as I arched an eyebrow. "Legion...he helped us during a suicide mission...and yes...it was an actual suicide mission...the Drell and Salarian also helped us" he explained, "what happened to them?" I asked as he grew quiet. "They died..." he spoke as I grew quiet, "sorry..." I whispered as he looked over at me, "it's fine. It's in the past now...the Drell lived thanks to the Salarians" he spoke as he looked up and stared at the statue of Shepard because we were sitting near it. "The entire body of humans is odd" he spoke as I looked at him, "says the one who looks like a bird mixed with a praying mantis!" I joked as he laughed, "I don't know what a praying mantis is" he spoke as I smiled, "look it up whenever you get the chance...better yet. Watch a vid on how they mate." I told him as he cocked his head to the side, "during sexual intercourse, a female praying mantis will bite the head off of their mate and eat it. Sometimes it's after sexual intercourse" I explained as his mouth opened a bit. "That's horrible!" he exclaimed as I laughed, "circle of life...also, praying mantis' are scary as hell," I told him as he laughed again. "There's so much about your world I wanna learn about," he told me as I smiled, "you're not the only one...I wanna learn a lot about Palaven" I told him as his mandibles flared a little. "Perhaps I'll take you there one day" he spoke as I smiled largely. "And maybe I'll take you to Earth one day" I spoke as he chuckled, "sounds like a deal" he spoke as I giggled.