XVI

~Time skip~

I woke up the next morning to the sound of clattering and muttering. I rolled over slightly and saw Vopius was in Garrus' spot sleeping. I sat up and saw Garrus sitting on the floor at the bottom of the bed doing something. "What are you doing?" I asked as he jumped a little, he turned around and looked at me, "sorry Y/n, did I wake you?" he asked as I yawned and sat up, I grabbed my shirt from last night and slid it over my naked form. I shook my head, "what are you doing?" I asked scooting closer to the bottom of the bed, "my damn sniper keeps jamming, I'm trying to fix it before Shepard says it's time to head out" he spoke as I watched him start to put the sniper rifle back together, "how long have you been awake?" I asked again, "about four hours" he spoke without looking at me, "it's seven in the morning, you've been awake since three in the morning?" I asked as he nodded, "Garrus, get some sleep, the sniper rifle can wait" I told him as he groaned and lays his head back onto my lap, "do I have to?" he asked as I giggled, "yes...and I want cuddles" I told him as he stared at me, "it'll make me very happy if you got back into bed, slept, and cuddled with me" I told him as he furrowed his eyebrow plates, "I regret telling you what it means to a Turian whenever they're mated with someone" he spoke as I smiled, "because now I've gotta do it because it'll make you happy" he spoke as he kissed my nose, he then grabbed the parts, put them on the weapons table in my closet, move Vopius who lays at the bottom of the bed, he climbed into bed, and held me close to him. "I love you Artemis" he spoke as I rolled my eyes, "I love you too Archangel," I told him as he groaned again. 

After a few hours, I realized that I couldn't get back to sleep, so I wiggled out of his grip, walked into the closet, and started cleaning his gun, then I started putting it back together, "weren't you the one who was hell-bent on getting me back in bed?" he asked as I jumped a little, "couldn't get back to sleep" I simply said as I continued to put it back together. "You want to talk about it?" he asked as I shook my head, "it's nothing bad, just sometimes I can't get back to sleep," I told him as I finished putting his gun back together. "There, you needed to clean it. That's why it kept jamming, should be better now" I told him while smiling, he just chuckled, "so, what's on the agenda today?" I asked as he stared at me, "I was thinking we could do some shopping before Shepard decides she needs us" he told me as I nodded, "all right" I smiled, "I'll get dressed, and then we can head out" I told him as I walked past him, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him. "You smell nice today" he mumbled as he buried his face in my neck making me giggle. 

"Garrus, we've gotta go get some stuff before Shep decides it's time to ship out. Pun not intended but greatly appreciated" I spoke as he chuckled a little, "or we can just lay in bed, being teenagers all day until she's ready to get us" he spoke as he started kissing my neck causing me to giggle again, "as much as I'd love spending the entire day with you making your claim on me over and over again like last night...pretty sure the commander would find it strange that we're not at the dock by the time she gets there," I said as he groaned, "as much as I love being on the Normandy with my friends and family...I don't understand why she'd need us whenever there's no threat to the galaxy anymore. We defeated Saren, the Geth, Sovereign, we defeated the Collectors, and we defeated the Reapers and Cerberus...then we defeated Cerberus again. There's nothing out there that threatens the galaxy like all those" he spoke as I turned around. I wrapped my arms around him, "you really believe that?" I arched an eyebrow, "I'd like to, honestly, what out there could be a threat to the galaxy this time? For the first time in forever, we're at peace" he spoke as I stared into his blue eyes. "You know what is in danger though?" I asked as he cocked his head to the side, "the time, you said we were going shopping..." I told him as he chuckled, "I know, go get dressed, and then we'll head out" he spoke as he gave me a kiss. I smiled into the kiss and deepened it before pulling away and getting dressed. 

~Time skip~

We walked around the Citadel, talking and spending time together, we had even run into Shepard who was on a date with Kaiden. Kaiden thought it was awkward at first since Shep and Garrus dated and now the four of us were basically having a double date. Apparently, Shep had changed her mind last night and just wanted to settle down, until the galaxy needed her again that is. Shepard had carted me a way to do some clothing shopping which was something I never expected from her. Garrus and Kaiden wandered off to go do something else, "so, how about this?" she asked holding up a dress, "what gives? Like, why are we shopping for clothes?" I asked cocking my head slightly, "I'm throwing a party tonight and want you and Garrus to come...well, obviously Garrus was going to come because it's Normandy crew only party but they're allowed to bring dates and from what I understand whenever Garrus was in control of the Normandy, you were a part of its crew" she told me as I chuckled. We continued to look at the clothes, "Hey, can I ask you something?" I spoke as she nodded, "how serious were you two?" I cocked my head as she chuckled a little, "he wanted to find out what a cross-species baby would look like, I told him that adoption might be the better option. So, pretty serious I guess...why?" she asked, "We got on the topic of marriage last night, he told me how Turian marriage worked and I told him how human marriage worked..." I explained as she stared at me, "strange" she simply said before going back to looking at the clothes.