Spin off: Day 31

I'm on my way.

After typing her thoughtful reply, Ken closed her laptop and facepalmed herself. What the hell was she thinking? She couldn't believe she gave him her address and that she'd be meeting him in such a wrong time.

What has gotten into you, Ken?

She got up and rushed downstairs where she found no one. Her Mom was probably already off to work in the hospital and her sister must've been out with friends to get some fresh air. Ken sighed then strode towards the front door. She stood by the front gate, glancing from left to right.

Five minutes.

Ten minutes.

Fifteen minutes.

Twenty minutes later, she finally saw a panting Kise running towards her direction. She waved a hand and he sped up his pace upon seeing her.

"Why didn't you take a cab?" She exclaimed in disbelief when the blonde was already right in front of her.

His chest rose and fell through harsh breathing, sweat was all over his face, and he couldn't even speak for a moment because of oxygen loss. "I.. didn't want.. to get.. caught up.. in.. traffic.."

"You've ran atleast 10miles from there. You're crazy!"

Kise ran a hand through his hair and gave him a small smile after. "I was in a hurry to see you, Kenlycchi."

She facepalmed and shook her head in disbelief, trying to brush away the blush that was about to taint her cheeks. "Idiot.."

"I'm a basketball player, Kenlycchi. I'm used to running." Then his facial expression went serious. "And besides, I'd run even a thousand miles just to get to you."

Ken grew still as she stared at Kise's handsome face. He was so beautiful, and she couldn't believe he had fallen for someone like her. When she didn't reply, Kise took another step closer and cupped her right cheek, making her flinch with the touch.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

Ken gulped before she nodded her head. "I'm fine."

"You cried."

"I didn't." She denied.

The male slouched down to meet her height, he moved his face closer until it was only mere inches away from hers. And Ken gasped because of the sudden closeness. "W-What are you doing?"

Kise eyed her face carefully, oblivious about the fact that just a little bit more and their lips would touch. "Your eyes are red and sore."

She quickly looked away. "It's none of your business."

"It is." He straightened his back and showed her a gentle look, cupping her chin to face him again. "I care for you, Kenlycchi. I want you to tell me everything, I'm always here to listen."

Ken bit her lower lip as a miserable sob escaped her throat. Not being able to hold back her emotions, she leaned her head against his chest as if seeking strength from him. "It's hard when you're from a broken family."

She wasn't hugging him, and he didn't move an inch. Just the top of her head on his firm chest, her face hung down as tears kept falling from her eyes. Kise just let her cry, let her sob, let her grieve.. let her lean against him like a helpless child.

"I wish they would just stop fighting over me. They don't know how much it hurts when you see your parents fight everytime. My sister stopped caring, she got tired of their endless fights. And so I am alone now, I don't know what to do anymore."