Spin off: Concert

Twenty minutes 'til showtime.

Twenty minutes left..

Shinomiya Kenly was glued in front of the mirror. She couldn't seem to relax. She was even trembling.

Breathe, Ken. Breathe..

Don't get her wrong. She wasn't nervous at all in singing in front of a crowd, she's done it many times before. Plucking her guitar, singing in front of the crowd, letting her passion and emotions flow: It comes naturally to her. It's what she loves.

Music is simply her life.

What's only bothering her was the fact that she's going to meet someone. That's why she was nervous. She simply couldn't keep calm.

No. How could she?

But she had to forget about him in the meantime, she had to prepare. Pursing her lips to even her pink lipgloss, she traced yet another layer of eyeliner on her eyes. Smiling in satisfaction, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her ginger-colored, curly hair was let loose in a casual look. She was wearing a black mini skirt and a pink blouse with punk prints and a cute denim jacket. She was comfortable in her high-cut sneakers too. She was all ready. Then her gaze darted to her small freckles. She puffed her cheeks, which only made them even more visible. She groaned.

Damn freckles..

She reached for her concealer and was about to apply some on the small dots that decorated her cheeks when suddenly, something took a hold in her mind.

"They're adorable."

"I like your freckles. Can I touch them someday?"

She froze, her heart pumping in a rhythm that's very unfamiliar to her. It was strange and warm and unbearable. It was like it's going to explode any minute. She even nearly lost the living daylight out of her because of surprise when the door suddenly opened.

"Ken, are you ready?" Kensaki Renji, her friend and the drummer of their band, entered in while holding a big bouquet of assorted flowers. "This arrived for you."

She turned to him and frowned, "Really? From who?"

He walked closer and handed her the bouquet, "There's a card, just read it. Or do you want me to read it for you?" He ended it with a rougish smirk.

Ken only rolled her eyes before examining the beautiful flowers, a smile eased up her lips. She was used to receiving presents, fans and friends and families give them to her whenever she had a concert. But somehow, she couldn't get used to the overwhelming happiness that comes with it every time she touches every piece of them.

She took the card and flipped it open. And there, she sucked into her breath.

Good luck, Sweetheart :) I'll never take my eyes off of you so you better give me a glance when you're on stage. Okay?

PS. My hug. Don't you dare forget.

Your sweetest idiot ever :)

She blinked. Then her face suddenly felt like burning. She couldn't believe that the idiot would actually send flowers. And more importantly..

Your sweetest idiot ever..

YOUR SWEETEST IDIOT EVER??

Fuck. Since when was he mine?

"Ken?" Renji stared at his friend in wonder. Her face was all red while staring intently at the little card on her hand as if trying to melt it in her gaze. And it was a rare sight for him. "What's wrong?"