Spin-off: Day 1138 (Part I)

Author's Note:
Hey, everyone. I am pleased to let you know that I am still alive. xD

Is anyone still reading this though? lol

After years I am finally able to update this chapter. I know the hype is gone (i cryyy) and it's been soooo long since I started writing this book BUT I just can't abandon Kise and Kenly's story. I mean, not when it's very close to completion. ♥

I'm really, terribly sorry for not giving you the update you deserve for yearsss. A lot of things happened to me, you see. Adulting is SUPER hard. *criesss*

Anyways, I am currently editing the second part of this last chapter. I am quite excited to post it as well and to finally tag this book as COMPLETED. :)

-----------------

Spin-off: Day 1138 (Part I)

Kenly Eah Hopper's lips immediately pulled into a relieved smile as soon as she heard the small cries of the little baby in her arms. Everybody inside the room were relieved to see the baby all well and healthy.

"It's a girl," she declared and then carefully placed the baby on the mother's awaiting arms. "Congratulations, Anne. You've been very strong."

Anne, the patient, started crying in both relief and happiness. They had thought she would undergo an operation due to complications but because of Kenly's help she was able to make it without a cesarean section. "Thank you so much, Ms. Hopper."

"I couldn't have done it without you. I'm glad you fought until the end," she said, caressing the baby's little foot while smiling brightly, "Look at her, she's so beautiful."

"Yes. She is."

Anne's eyes were full of love as she gazed at her newborn baby, and the smile on her face was so bright it made Kenly's heart full.

The feeling was just amazing. Every single time.

It never crossed her mind once before that she would become the person she was now. She imagined herself as a successful singer, an artist who would rock the world by storm.

She smiled to herself. People really do change.

The simple yet fulfilling life she had now was more than what she hoped for. After everything that happened in the past, she didn't think she could still achieve genuine happiness.

Looking back, there came a time where in she let her pain and guilt consume her, allowing herself to fall deeper into depression.

She was in a very dark place mentally.

She even had to take a break from social media—away from the internet. She also stopped communicating with her friends in Japan, including Kasamatsu Yukio and Kise Ryouta. She changed her number, she refused to talk to anyone who reached out to her except for her family.

It took her two years to finally be able to stop blaming herself for what happened to her mother—to finally forgive herself. To finally move on from the pain. To heal.

She promised herself that she would find happiness again, that she would get her life back on track again, that she would make not just her beloved mother in heaven but everyone who loved and supported her proud.