Spin-off: Day 58 I

Author's Note: This chapter took me forever to update because I wanted this to be perfect. But as I was writing, it ended up longer than planned. Like it reached 4k+ words lool. So I had to split this spin-off into two parts and edit all over again. I hope you understand my struggle. *criessss*

Please do check out the picture on the media. That is an amazing Kenly fanart made by an amazing artist, @AlexCasthiel. I love you, sis. Thanks a lot for this! ♥

And to everyone, thank you so much for everything. Especially for your patience and support :)

----------

Spin-off: Because I Love You (His Side)

In Hell.

That was where Kise Ryouta found himself after his conversation with Ken last night---before she blocked him.

He had been replaying everything that happened in his head, again and again and again, almost involuntarily, until the sadness and regret he was feeling took all his strength to even stand on his feet again.

It wasn't supposed to be like this, he thought.

All things considered, he should be perfectly happy by now. His work as a model was going well, basketball was so much fun, and there had been no problems with his studies either. Everything sure was fine the way they were.

Basketball, work, school, more basketball---nothing else mattered to him before. He was happy and content and he's got everything he needed in his hands.

Until fifty-eight days ago,

She came and made him realize that life was so much better by her side.

He'd give up everything for her.

Anything for Ken's embrace.

***

The sudden knocks on his door rang on his ears, like a nonsensical reminder of the world outside his room---of the worried people waiting for him to come out.

But he didn't care.

"Ryouta," Rica called from the other side of the door. She sounded so worried and rather impatient. "Open up."

Not even bothering to move a single muscle, he replied in a low, lifeless voice, "Leave me alone."

"You've been eating nothing since yesterday for pete's sake! We are worried sick... My god, Ryouta! Don't do this to us," she pleaded as she struggled to contain her emotions. Her brother had always been the happy-go-lucky type of guy---like one sunny day in a human package. Bubbly, generous, and kind. And so times like this where he gets very depressed over something would always worry the family to no end.

But despite knowing his family's suffering, Kise remained unresponding.

"Ryouta, please..."

"Kise," interrupted another voice, it was rough and loud, which Kise didn't fail to recognize. "Open up or I will tear this damn door to pieces!"

He bolted upright, turning to the direction of the door with wide eyes.

Was that...?

"I need to talk to you," Kasamatsu Yukio added, his voice a little softer this time, "Let's talk. Just the two of us."

"Senpai."

Kise struggled to make sense of the situation. Considering everything that happened, Kasamatsu's voice was the last thing he'd expected to hear outside his bedroom door. It was close to impossible. However, knowing that any attempt to shoo his upperclassman away would be meaningless, he unlocked the door and finally let them see how pathetic he looked like.