Chapter 1

"Welcome to London everyone, the temperature is 19°C, a lovely day, and thank you for flying with British Airways."

I am here. I made it! Finally! I was surprised I even slept on the plane- I thought I was going to be too excited to even blink. I was lucky enough to have the window seat- thank God- and there was nobody sitting next to me, or in my whole row for that matter. Though there was quite a large undesireable man behind me who could not get enough of those peanuts.

I stood up after we landed, cracking my back successfully and waking up without any tea or coffee (that's a first). I swiftly snatched my bag from the storage space above me and dodged a few people struggling with their luggage. I most certainly was not going to be stuck in line after Mr. Peanuts, thank you.

When I recieved the rest of my luggage from the conveyor belt and went through security, I hurried towards the outside of the airport to flag down a cab. Luckily, there was a taxi driver there with his empty cab, where I proclaimed it and shoved my bags inside.

"Good morning," he said with his thick British accent.

"To you as well," I replied.

"Where to?"

"Uh," I pulled out my directions for when I arrived. "The Corinthia?" I attempted to pronounce. I handed him the directions, knowing that he knew the city well.

"Ah, yes. It's a lovely hotel. Quite expensive, though."

"Trust me, I know."

He chuckled. We were in an intersection when we saw a pedestrian make a dash for the other side of the road, almost being hit by a car, and I obviously made a stricken expression, for my cabbie's next remark was, "You 'ought to watch out here in London. It doesn't matter where you are or who you are- the walker or the driver- these roads are dangerous either way."

"I believe it. Do accidents occur very often?"

"Depends on the part of the city. It's busy all over though, so I wouldn't put my guard down just because you might be in a better part of the city. British drivers aren't very controlled and are always in a rush."

"Good advice."

"Yes, because the rule of thumb is to always trust a cab driver in a different country that you haven't met before," he joked.

I smiled back at him and he dropped me off at my hotel, wishing me luck in the city, along with reminding me about the traffic. I thanked him and checked into my hotel. As soon as I stepped into my room I jumped onto the bed with a smirk on my face. I love this- the city, the people, the travel, the hotel- everything. Even if the roads are dangerous, this city is still beautiful in every way.