Chapter 12

Well this is it. It's the end. 

My flight is in thirty minutes, each minute ticking faster and faster, making this even more sad. I'm going to miss it so much here. The people I met. The things I have seen. Everything. Every last bit, I'll miss. I was waiting, and what better thing to do when waiting in an airport? You guessed it.

People watch.

There was a family sitting in the left corner with big bags. It was a husbend, wife, and two kids. A boy, whom looked about eight and a girl who was maybe six or seven. It was the picture perfect family. The parents looked lovingly at each other while watching their two children play with each other on a piece of paper, probably tic-tac-toe. The kids giggle and play, happy as can be, oblivious to all of the bad things in the world and embracing the few things they know.

As much as some kids can be annoying, I always dreamed of having that one day. What girl didn't? The two little kids, the husbend. Maybe a dog back home. A stable job. Happiness.

~~~

Within the next twenty minutes, the plane started to board so we could leave on time. I pulled my bags closer to me, preparing to get up, but allowing people to go ahead of me. I wanted to people watch more. As I gazed over everything, one last look before I boarded, a pair of big beautiful eyes looked back. At first I thought I was dreaming. Could it be him? As I stood there, shocked, the recognition overcame me as he rushed over to me, without a word, embracing me in a big bear-like hug, love and admiration overjoying both of us. How is it that being in his arms felt so right? His muscular arms held me close, me shoving my face into his shoulder, feeling the soft cotton of his shirt. We stayed there for a minute until he finally let go. We just looked at each other, silent.

"Ali, I- I-" he paused, getting a little choked up, "I don't want you to leave."

"So if we were in a relationship, I would have to live in Britain? I have family and friends back in home too," I smiled and joked.

He smiled back. "Ah, I should have been more specific," he replied. "I don't want you to leave me."

I grinned as he continued. "Dr. Lewis called me. She told me what you guys talked about, and quite frankly, I think that could be us. You know, what happened with Dr. Lewis and her husbend? I think we could do that. We could be happy, together, in a relationship-" 

He was interrupted by the man on the speaker. "ALL PEOPLE BOARDING FLIGHT E6, FLYING DIRECTLY FROM LONDON TO BOSTON, PLEASE BOARD NOW. THANK YOU."

Marcus looked at me with pleading eyes. 

"Ali, please. I'm begging of you."

"Of me to what, to stay here? Marcus, I want to, but I can't, I still have other courses and-"

"No, I meant to be with me."

I stared straight into his eyes and leaped even closer into Marcus' arms and kissed him with passion and lust, my arms wrapping around his neck. 

"LAST CALL FOR FLIGHT E6!" The loudspeaker shouted. I looked at Marcus in the eyes.

"Go," he said. "And text me when you arrive in Boston. I need to know if my girlfriend made it home safely."

I smiled brightly at him, kissing him one last time before I left, and I went onto my plane, staring out my window into the airport, looking at the tall, built figure in the building, waving, knowing that it was for me.