Chapter 2

Which room is it?! I thought. Yesterday I strolled around to grasp the city a bit more and have a sense of direction. I came to the building perfectly fine- no problem. But I can't seem to find room 267. Where could it be? I checked all of floor one and two and I'm currently cascading up the stairs to floor three, tired out of my mind, and I'm actually a bit sweaty.

As I reach the top of the stairs, there is a boy holding open the door with a welcoming smile.

"Hey. You here for the internship?" He asks.

"I am. Are you also in the internship?"

"Indeed I am. Along with the internship, I also am a professional door holder. I have been trained since I was six."

"Amazing. I absolutely love your work," I say, stepping through the door into the hallway.

"Why thank you. So I assume you are from the U.S.? Possibly the Boston area?" he wondered aloud.

"Do I have that thick of a Boston accent?"

"Nah, I just know because my cousins live in the heart of Boston and have a killer accent. Somewhat annoying to be honest. But yours isn't nearly as bad, just a little faint when you speak. Only a true Boston-experienced person would tell if you were from there," he explained.

I smirked. "So you are?"

"Drew," he held out his hand for me to shake. "I'm from London, born and raised and my accent is thick and amazing." He overexaggerated his words to become even more British, if that's even possible.

"Ali," I said with a laugh.

"Well, Ali," Drew replied, "now that we are BFF's, we can totes sit together at the internship!" He said with a valley-girl accent.

"I shall save you a seat."

"Ah, yes, alas my door-opening skills await my presence."

"Of course."

We smiled goofily at each other while we swaped dumb accents back and forth when we spoke. Who knew I would meet someone as crazy as me at this thing.

~~~

The internship was great. Today we discussed what we were to do and we got to know each other a bit. All of the interns will be working with a professional psychiatrist and will work hands-on, just as was promised in the information packet.

Drew was nice as well. He's hilarious and quite brutally honest to people. I have no idea why he thought he would make a good psychiatrist, a job where you have to be calm and understanding, then again I don't know him very well either. He could be different, or maybe he only has an interest in the true psychos that are locked up in straightjackets. It could definitely be that. I think that's more his style.

"So how do you like all of the other interns?" Drew asks me after the internship meeting when we were walking down the street.

"They're nice."

"Not nearly as nice as me though."

"Obviously."

He smiled.

"So what's your impression of the rest of the interns?" I asked.

"They're alright. That one girl's kind of a bitch."

I told you. Brutally honest. Absolutely no filter.

"The red head?"

"Yeah, her. Like, you clearly have to be smart to get in here, you don't have to tell everyone about it and how high your GPA is."