Chapter 7

At the internship that Monday, I wasn't truely sure how to feel or act towards Marcus. Act as if I didn't stalk him on the internet, basically? As if I didn't see his latest video on YouTube and I didn't have the exact same feelings towards him?

Well I knew better. Though psychiatry 101 is to be completely honest with yourself and to allow your true feelings to come forth, I still knew that could definitely risk my chances with this internship and any other future job that may come. 

In the afternoon, when Marcus had his appointment, I decided to remain where we were and remind him that we are indeed not allowed to be in any kind of relationship, whether it is only friendly or not, we cannot be in any kind of relationship other than patient and doctor. And that is final.

I had those jitters that I always got when my crush was around. I could hear Marcus's voice from the office and his adorable laugh as he did his usual banter with Lindsay, the receptionist at the front desk.

He knocked on the door and I said that he could come in, and to sit wherever he like. He sat upon the couch once again and looked at me in a way that made my heart beat a bit faster, my stomach knot up a bit tighter, and the heat in the room rise a bit higher. Only one other person in my life did that to me, and that was Brendan.

I sat across from Marcus, not looking into his mesmorizing eyes, and then I spoke.

"Marcus, the weekend was pleasant, but that could still be risky considering the current conditions of our relationship."

"But we didn't do anything inappropriate. You simply walked about London with a tour guide, and that is all."

"Yes, but that tour guide was you, and that isn't allowed. And it's not like it was a real guided tour or anything, anyway."

"But people don't have to know your tour guide was me. Or that it wasn't with a professional tour service." 

"True, but people could have still seen us."

At this point, Marcus did that cheeky little side grin once again that made me go to pieces.

"You were never a real rule-breaker in school, were you?" he asked.

"Not really. I didn't want to risk my chances of getting into trouble, because it could have costed my chances of getting into a good school."

"Right. I can tell."

"Duh, of course you can. I obviously am the most rule-abiding and boring person ever. As you can tell by my lack of popularity and my favorite hobbies."

"What are your favorite hobbies?"

"Reading and writing."

After I said that I automatically felt ashamed. Marcus doesn't need to know what I enjoy to do in my spare time.

"What do you write about?"

"Nothing, nothing. Look, this is your session. Enough about me. So tell me. How have the past few days been? Has your str-"

"Hey are you busy this saturday night?"

"What does th-"

"Are you busy this saturday night?" he repeated, a bit more forceful than last time, but at the same time very calm and normal, as if that's completely where the direction of our conversation was going.

I sighed. "No, I am not, Marcus. But this saturday is New Years Eve, anyway. You probably have plans."

"I do," he replied.

Even though we wouldn't and shouldn't be seeing each other, I was still disappointed at the fact he had plans.

"But that doesn't mean you couldn't come. A few of my friends and I are hanging out. A big group of us. Drew will be there. If anybody asks that is work-related, you can just say that he invited you."