15. The Yule Ball

Since it was Saturday, there were no classes. Everyone was much more relaxed since finals were done. You would have another final at the end of the year, but best not to dwell too much on the future. You had slept in, which seemed foreign to you. It was almost Christmas, so you prepared everyone's presents. You thought you had done a decent job picking out gifts for everyone. The whole school was buzzing with excitement, as the ball was tonight. Most people had stayed for the break so they could go to the dance and watch the second task. You walked down to breakfast later than usual and sat down with George, Fred, and Lee. 

"You look happy."

Fred remarked.

"We finished finals, it's the weekend, the dance is tonight, Christmas is tomorrow, and I get to spend one of the best holidays with my best friends. What's not to be happy about?"

"You got me there."

George admitted. 

"So did have you all finished your plan to prank Snape or do you need an extra hand?"

You smiled wickedly at Lee, Fred, and George. 

"Wait really?"

Fred perked up.

"I thought you didn't want to help?"

Lee questioned.

"Change of heart. Now lets go decide how to do this."

You grabbed Fred's hand without thinking, and with your other hand you grabbed George's. You pulled them up and Lee followed. The four of you walked to the Gryffindor common room. You all sat down by the fire, still holding Fred's hand. You blushed when you realized you were still holding his hand. You let go of his hand and looked at the ginger. He smiled at you as George pulled out a bunch of papers that were no doubt the plans. You reviewed them.

"You missed a few things. You don't have a way to distract Snape, and you need a backup escape route."

"You're brilliant!"

Fred shouted and you laughed. You all figured out the perfect way to execute the plan. The boys had been working on the prank for weeks and it had to be perfect. You all decided to do it the first day back from break. The four of you finished planning the prank and went to the great hall for lunch. The four of you ate and talked about how amazing the prank would be. After you all finished eating, you stood up just after the twins and Lee. The four of you walked around the castle talking about everything there was to talk about. You still had the rest of the day to hang out, as the dance didn't start for a few hours. 

"We should walk around outside."

Lee suggested.

"But its cold!"

You whined. 

"Here."

Fred took off his hat and put it on your head. He pulled it down past your eyes and he laughed at you.

"Thanks Freddie."

You said as you adjusted the hat to cover your ears but not your eyes. The four of you walked around outside, the bitter wind cutting across your face. You shivered and Fred noticed. He wrapped his arm around you, pulling you closer to him. At first you jumped, not prepared for the contact. Fred pulled his arm away looking hurt.

"Sorry..."

He mumbled. You looked him in the eyes as you grabbed his arm and put it back around you. A smile flashed across Fred's face. You smiled back at him. The moment was ruined by George. 

"Can't forget about the more attractive twin now can we?"

George winked at you and you rolled your eyes. You had lost track of time until Hermione came running up to you.