4. Sleepover*

You had already finished up your classes, and you were working on an essay for potions class. 

"What kind of teacher assigns an essay the first day of classes?"

You groaned as you closed your books and put your quill away. Someone walked up behind you. You composed yourself and turn around. It's Liv and Jamie.

"Hey."

Liv said softly. You gave her a small smile. 

"Listen we knew that Nate was cheating on you. We saw him and Pansy snogg before but we didn't want to tell you... well not that we didn't want to tell you, but we didn't know how to."

Jamie said, sounding guilty. You thought for a moment about how to respond.

"Next time, just tell me."

You made a mental note to make better friends. You checked the time and noticed it's time for your sleepover. You bid Liv and Jamie goodbye as you walked up to the dorm you shared with them. You packed some stuff in a bad and exit the common room. You walked to the painting of the fat lady. She gave you her condolences, as she heard what Nate did. She let you in without the password. You were swept up in a hug. The smell of firework powder and cinnamon hit your senses. Fred.

"I'm so sorry for what Nate did. He shouldn't have done that, you're an amazing person."

Fred said and you hear the sorrow in his voice. 

"It's okay Freddie I'll be okay. I didn't see much of a future with him. It just hurts to know I wasn't enough for him."

As you said that, Fred pulled away. He bends down to your level. 

"Look at me y/n/n. You are so incredible both inside and out. He didn't deserve you."

Fred stated as you look into his eyes. You smiled at him and gave him another hug. You heard Hermione, Ginny, and Luna walk down the stairs. You let go of Fred and smile at them. 

"Sorry dearest brother Fred, but we have to steal y/n from you."

Ginny said dramatically. Fred rolls his eyes and winks are you as you are dragged by the three girls upstairs. 

***

You had a really good night. You and the girls painted each others nails, did face masks, and talked. 

"I can't believe that prat."

Ginny says, hate laced in her voice. 

All the girls nodded in agreement. 

"I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised when you two got together I always though... never mind."

Hermione remarked but hesitated before waving it off. You raised your eyebrow. All the girls seemed to know what Hermione was going to say except you. Ginny gave in to your glare. 

"Well-we just- we thought you and Fred had a thing."

You smiled as you thought about the hug he gave you and his kind words. Ginny's eyes got wide.

"Oh my gosh you do like Fred!" 

She shrieked, loud enough for everyone in the Gryffindor dorms to hear.

"Shut up Gin, I do not!" 

You yelled back at her. You thought about it for a second. You used to have a crush on him, but he never made a move so you moved on. Everyone laughed and you pushed aside your tangled feelings.  

"I have an idea."

Luna said wistfully. The three girls exchanged evil glances. You nervously looked at the grinning girls. 

"We're going to make sure Nate knows what he's missing."

Hermione declared. The four of you start scheming, and eventually come up with a plan for tomorrow. You didn't care too much, but it made the girls happy. Since it didn't bother you, you went along with it.

As you fell asleep on the floor in a sleeping bag, your mind couldn't help but wander to Fred.