5. Dress Code*

You yawned as you woke up. Your peaceful sleep was rudely interrupted by an excited Ginny Weasley. You threw your pillow at her but missed. She had quick reflexes from quidditch. Hermione and Luna had picked out your outfit to wear under your robe. Luna was getting Hermione's makeup too. Ginny dragged you out of your sleeping bag and ordered you to go shower. 

"Go shower! We're getting it all ready for you!"

Ginny squiled, excited. You rolled your eyes as you grabbed a towel and your shower stuff.

"You guys, I don't care that much. I have nothing to prove to him."

You said confidently although you weren't looking forward to the day. 

"Think of it as a way to boost your confidence. You're doing this for you and no one else."

Luna said as she examined Hermione's muggle makeup. You trudged your way to the shower. 

***

You got out of the shower feeling much better. You stepped out of the bathroom, your towel wrapped around you. Hermione handed you the outfit. You bit your lip as you examined it. You knew Hogwarts didn't have a super strict dress code, but you were a little weary. On a hanger was a cropped black button up since you still had to wear your tie. Usually people wear whatever pants they want, but on a separate hanger was a skirt. It was black, white, and yellow plaid. It was a little shorter than you would usually go, but you needed a cute outfit to boost your confidence. You were ushered into the bathroom, hangers in hand.

"Come on y/n/n!"

Ginny whined. As soon as you stepped out of the bathroom, the three girls jaws dropped. The shirt was cropped just enough and it fit you perfectly. The skirt was pretty short, but left enough to the imagination. You gave them a twirl and all of you laughed. Hermione did your makeup. It was subtle but still pretty. She topped it off with some lip gloss. 

"I bet you feel better now!"

Hermione said through laughter. You put on your robe and tie. The four of you walked out of the common room and went down to the Great Hall. You walked in and you felt someone's eyes on you. You looked to the Slytherin table and saw Nate looking at you. You smiled and waved at him. The look of confusion on his face was amusing and you laughed. You decided to sit at the Gryffindor table to study for the inevitable pop quiz Snape was going to give you. Lee and the twins were looking at you, a little shocked. Lee looked you up and down. 

"What are you wearing?"

Lee asked you seeming a little overprotective. Hermione came to your rescue.

"She needed a confidence boost. Now Fred and George stop staring!"

Hermione laughed as she saw their reaction. Fred's eyes were still on you. Once you noticed this, you threw a wink him way. His face flushed but he winked back. After you had eaten and studied more than enough, You stood up to leave for transfiguration. You turned to say bye to Hermione. When you turned your head you watched Fred look you up and down and bit his lip. You caught his eye and did the same thing back at him. You laughed at the look on his face. Today was going to be a good day, you could feel it.