14. Finals

It was Wednesday, and the Yule Ball was Saturday night. Not only was that night the dance, it was Christmas Eve. Everyone was scrambling to get dates, dresses, and Christmas presents. You were sitting in the library studying for finals that were taking place this Friday. You were nervous, as your classes were quite difficult. You slammed your potions book shut after studying for hours.

"You okay there, y/n/n?"

Fred asked. You looked up to see George, Fred, and Lee standing across from you.

"Yeah, just nervous for finals. Have you guys been studying at all?"

You asked them.

"Not one bit."

Lee grinned. You put away your potions book and got out your defense against the dark arts notes. 

"Look I really want to hang out with you guys, I really do, but I have to study for finals."

"Alright, we'll keep you company."

Fred said and started to sit down. You blocked him from sitting down. He looked at you, confused.

"I'm sorry Freddie, but you all will just try and distract me."

"Well, seeing as we haven't studied at all, we'll study with you."

George suggested.

"Really? All right. It'll be nice to have some company."

The three boys sat down at your table in the library. You studied in silence, except for when someone had a question. You all studied all the way until dinner. 

"I'm hungry! And it's dinner lets gooooooo!"

George urged. You packed up your things and then patted George on the head.

"Alright Georgie, let's go down to dinner."

You linked arms with Fred and George and went down to the Great Hall. You dropped them off at the Gryffindor table and walked to the Hufflepuff table. You sat down with Cedric, Liv, and Jamie.

"Hey Cedric! How've you been? We haven't had much time to catch up."

"Hey y/n/n. I've been good. Cho said yes! Thank you so much for your help!"

Cedric hugged you and you laughed.

"Any time Cedric. I knew she would say yes."

You talked with Jamie and Liv about the dance. 

"Do you guys have dates yet?"

Liv asked.

"Yeah, I'm going with this cute guy James from Ravenclaw. I'm hoping he'll ask me to be his girlfriend at the dance."

"Ooooooooh!"

You and Liv teased her.

"What about you y/n/n? You're bound to have a date."

Jamie said.

"No, actually. As of now, I'll just be going with friends."

"Oh."

Jamie replied.

"Are you going with someone Liv?"

You questioned. 

"No one's asked me yet, but I have my eyes on this guy from Durmstrang. His name is Liam. He's so sweet and cute. We've talked a few times, but I'm not sure if he feels the same way about me."

You took in her words.

"Wait a minute... Liam? A year above us?"

You asked and Liv nodded her head.